33

Jade

I heard the door click open and looked at the clock on his nightstand. It was 3 in the morning. He came over the the bed and crouched down beside where I layed.

"Hey," I whispered with a smile as I stretched.

"Hi," he smirked. "So I have to tell you something."

"What is it?" I asked sitting up.

"I pulled some strings," he sighed. "You're going home the day after tomorrow."

"What?" I sat up and turned on the lamp by my bed. The sight before me made me gasp. He had blood on his hands and smeared on his face and suit. His knuckles were busted up in several places. "What happened? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I've just been working." He said putting his hands behind him to hide the blood.

"Is it yours?" I asked pulling his arm so I could see his hand.

"No, just a little around the knuckles. This is what I do." He looked away from me. "Anyway, you're leaving. I'm going to take a shower."

He tossed a pillow and blanket onto the couch before stepping into the bathroom. I heard the water come on and I sat lost in thought. I lost track of time and I heard the water turn off.

I quickly got out of bed, clicking off the lamp, before jumping onto the couch and covering up. I heard the bathroom door come open and Blake sighed. I pretended to be asleep as he walked over to the couch.

"Jade..." he sighed. He started to try to pick me up, but I swatted him away, still trying to pretend to be at least half asleep.

"Go away," I mumbled. He sighed and I kept my eyes closed.

"Jade..." he whispered. He must've believed that I really was asleep as he rested his head on my side. "I'm so sorry, baby. I wish I could keep you."

He got up and I heard him climb into bed. Everything was quiet for a while and I heard him begin to softly snore after some time. I finally let the awaiting sobs escape my lips at the thought of going home.

I cried myself to sleep as the sun came up.

....

"Get up!" I heard someone yell. I jumped. I rolled over and saw a woman. I held up my casted hand to block out some of the bright light. I realized I was back on my side of his bed and he was gone.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"It doesn't matter." She snapped. "Why are you in my boyfriend's bed? If he sees you on his side, he'll be angry. Not even his girlfriend sleeps there."

"What? Girlfriend? His side?" I was completely confused. "This is where he told me to sleep."

"Yeah right," she rolled her eyes. "He wouldn't do that. And who exactly are you supposed to be?"

"Jade. I'm Jade."

"I don't care what your name is. Who are you to him? Why are you here?" She asked stepping into the room. I stood up from the bed and she shrieked. "Why are you in his clothes, you dirty wh*re?"

"Excuse me?" I said stepping towards her.

"You heard me."

"Ronnie!" I yelled. Immediately, Ronnie came rushing into the room.

"Madeline?" Ronnie looked at the woman.

"Who is this girl? His toy for the week? Something to stroke his ego?" She spoke to Ronnie, but she never took her glaring eyes off me.

"No, Madeline." Ronnie said sharply. "This is Jade. His fiance."

"His what?" She shrieked. Blake came rushing into the room.

"Ronnie?" He said. "What's going on? I got the message."

"Blake!" Madeline yelled throwing her arms around him. He looked confused for a moment.

"Madeline?" He questioned. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm back from Europe. Of course I'd come see you, silly." She smiled brightly as she stepped back from him. "You don't look happy to see me darling."

"Because I'm not." He said flatly, slightly pushing her away. "What do you want Madeline?"

"Isn't it obvious?" She pouted. "I want you."

"And I thought that when I told you never to come back, you'd find that obvious as reason not to come back."

"Oh," she laughed. "Blake, baby, I know you didn't mean that. We are obviously meant to be together. Even Daddy likes me."

"Then go annoy him," Ronnie rolled his eyes earning a glare from her. She flipped her dead looking hair over her shoulder and swayed her hips over to Blake. Taking his arm, she pulled him along with her into his office.

I didn't see him again for two hours.