Chapter 32: Abducted?

You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.

Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.

I am so totally, completely, overwhelmingly, eye-poppingly, life-changingly, spectacularly, passionately, deliciously in love with you.

***

It was almost dark now and other than people saying that they saw a woman limping her way out of this hospital, there was nothing. She had just vanished.

Nick's dad arrived late but stood far from him when he saw his son's condition.
"Did you check all the cameras?" Mr. Perkins asked him while he only nodded looking at the floor.

"I guess she couldn't stay with me. I mean how could she even look at my face, right?" He shook his head, then raised his eyes looking at everyone. "There's no point in searching for her when she doesn't want to be found."

Every one of his men looked alarmed, as they saw each other's face. But his dad was quick to correct him.

"She need not be found when she doesn't want to be found herself. But the kind of condition in which she left.... we don't know if she's alright. As a husband it's your duty to at least see to it." He reminded.

Nick looked up at his father's face then remembered how she held her stomach looking at him, on the hospital bed. He couldn't get that picture out of his mind. He had to find her and make sure she was alright. It just didn't matter if she never wanted to see his face, he'd just want to look at her from far.

"Find her." Nick whispered though loud enough for everyone to hear. His father looked satisfied with himself and waved his hand at the men indicating them to follow him as they left.
Olive though, stayed with Nick.

"Sir.... shall we leave?" He asked carefully.

Nick stood up and just walked out straight up to his car and sat in the back seat while Oliver ran to other side as he got ready to drive.

***

On the other side here, men who took Evelyn were dripping with sweat as they stood outside the room while the doctor had just gone in to examine Evelyn.

Even though she was unconscious, Evelyn could feel everything around her. The man pacing back and forth in front of her.

"Oh, thank Lord! Mr. Whiton! Please check what's wrong with her. My men used chloroform to sedate her. She was supposed to wake up in half an hour or so-"

"How long has it been?" The doctor had asked. Evelyn by now was fully conscious. Her eyes couldn't seem to adjust to the lighting but other than that she carefully listened to their conversation.
They hadn't yet looked at her to find her alert and conscious.

"It's been more than an hour now." The guy with grey suit replied. Other than the doctor, he was the only man in the room. Yet, she didn't feel alarmed by his presence. In fact, she thought he actually cared about her. The doctor, who she just learned was known to be called as Mr. Whiton looked at her and seemed taken aback.

"It seems young man, she's quite alright." He said and pointed with his eyebrow at her.

And the man finally turned around showing his face. She thought he looked incredibly hot with the suit and all, perfectly gelled hair, except that his tie was loosened a bit. It was then that she noticed her surroundings. It looked to be a fine room, just like Nick's penthouse.

Evelyn's POV

'Nick!' I remembered.

"Where am I? What happened? Why am I here?" I asked the brown eyed man, while the doctor behind him shifted from one foot to the other.