Lollipops - Chapter 4

Naomi treaded a lonesome walk to Transfiguration class on the Tuesday morning. It was just after breakfast, and just about everyone was doing just what she was—making their way to class.

Though the thing was, there was too much noise. Boys were goofing, girls were giggling, and teachers were hustling. It has already been said that Naomi was a girl who enjoyed her peace, and this, in turn, left her to roam the halls of Hogwarts, and discover some secret passages that were abandoned.

Of course, Naomi was not the only wanderer at the school, and many have stood before her in the deserted halls, but that didn't happen too often.

Well, at least that was what she thought, up until the moment when she bumped into someone, their firm abs pounding into her. The collision caused her to drop all her necessities and tumble to the ground, her blue raspberry lollipop falling to the ground, far from her reach. Truthfully, the embarrassing part was not the fall, but the fact that, while she had flopped to the ground like a noodle, the person did not even stumble, seemingly unphased and oblivious to the impact that Naomi probably didn't have on them.

Without looking up, Naomi scrambled to her knees, hurriedly recollecting her supplies, little knowing to the fact that the other person had done the same, surprisingly helping her. But, when their hands made contact, Naomi let out a slight gasp in surprise and looked up.

She wasn't quite surprised when she found out it was the notorious Sirius Black, already looking at her with a smirk on his face, seemingly pleased with running into the girl.

Secretly, Naomi was hiding a smirk as well. Over the days, her and Sirius had faced many encounters, and each were as amusing as the next. Much chatting was involved, and the two may even have been considered to be friends, but obviously, Naomi wasn't going to let herself take any relationships a step further. As she knew, her sudden death that was not far away would lead straight to pain, and no one deserved that. And so, she found herself trying to act like his mere acquaintance most times, with the exception of a few laughs they shared, that implied they had talked before and knew each other well.

Naomi admitted, when she ran into Sirius, it was hard to hide her surprise. Voicing her exact thoughts, she blurted without thinking, "What are you doing here?"

"Free period. You?" He said casually, shrugging.

"On my way to class," Naomi dragged out, eying Sirius carefully. "Just out of curiosity, how did you find your way here?"

She frowned and scratched her head, confused. Sirius, meanwhile, stacked all of the girl's school products that had fallen in a neat pile, cleanly handing them to her. Eventually, he answered quite smugly, "Us Marauders know everything. Nothing can get by us! Secret passages, abandoned classrooms; you name it, and it's a guarantee that we know it." He continued.

"Oh?" Naomi raised her eyebrows, easy to recover from her shock smoothly. Nonchalantly, she followed Sirius' lead as she got up and awaited his response.

"Yes," he grinned, the conversation suddenly coming to his amusement.

"Alright then," Naomi crossed her arms, a challenging look coming on her face. She didn't quite care that her and the boy were wasting time, because she had a couple of minutes left before classes began for the day. "Prove it."

Sirius was startled. "Erm — what?"

"C'mon, tell me the answer to a hard question. Like, uh, oh! How many months does it take to become an animagus?"

Sirius smirked once again, believing that it was his time to outsmart Naomi. He was certain he knew this one. "One,"

Little did he know that Naomi had several tricks up her sleeve. She innocently asked him, "How did you know that?"

"Oh, erm, you know... books and stuff. Remus told me," he stammered, caught off guard.

"Oh, is that so?" She feigned curiosity.

"Um, yes?" He sounded unsure of himself.

Rather than being pesky about it, Naomi responded with a simple 'okay' before picking up her blue raspberry lollipop that had been laying on the ground, it's existence forgotten of, and performing a cleansing spell on it. She began to trot off in the opposite direction, leaving a bewildering, baffled, and bemused boy.

She knew that he was fear-stricken, standing in the centre of the hallway in a frozen stance, his grey eyes wide and fearful. There was only one thought racing in his mind as she watched the girl's fading figure, and that was:

She knew?

Every full moon, Remus transformed into a wolf, and his three best mates transformed into their Animagus form, in order to help him. This was their biggest secret ever, and no one but the four of them knew it. But, at that moment, it seemed like Naomi knew it too.

He continued to watch Naomi, as her golden, long hair swished behind her back while she skipped away. When she finally turned a corner and was out of his sight, he couldn't help himself from saying, "Merlin's beard."

————

This was more of a filler chapter than anything, and I'm actually ashamed with my work today, but it's midnight and I'm too exhausted to dwell upon it.

But srsly, me at the lack of comments:

Do you understand guys? I'm suffering at your lack of response

Also, someone please tell me how to post a gif on Wattpad please and thank you.

Update: It's been 11 months, but I learned!

QOTD: Favourite time of day?AOTD: 8:00pm-9:00pm

AOTD: 8:00pm-9:00pm

Votes and comments!

Love,
        Manny