2.1

" Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. "

Albert Einstein

➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴ ➴

2.1 ; SIXTEEN.

"SHIT!" CAROLINE CURSED AS she stumbled up the porch stairs in her glossy black heels, almost dropping the large cake in her arms. Luckily, she caught herself before she fell face-first into the icing-covered dessert and balanced the box containing the pastry more securely in her arms before continuing to walk up the steps.

Why her Aunt Guinevere decided on a gigantic three-by-three foot cake for the celebration was beyond her. The stupid thing was too large to see around, causing her to trip several times.

Caroline approached the door to the old brown Victorian house. She shifted the weight of the pink and yellow cake to her right arm and reached to knock on the door with her left. But before her knuckles even touched the door, the huge oak doors swung open, revealing her Aunt Guinevere in the doorframe.

The moment she saw her aunt—Caroline was hit with a sudden wave of nostalgia. Her aunt looked so much like her mom, it was astounding. Despite the fact her aunt was older than her younger sister, Caroline's mom, by two years, she had the exact same long blonde hair that passed well below her shoulder blades, the same blue eyes and the same heart shaped face that her mother has—well, once had.

Caroline was so taken-back she wasn't even able to move or speak.

"Caroline, there you are!" Her aunt beamed at her, wiping her pale hands off on a light blue washcloth. The older woman looked at the huge cake in her arms, ecstatic. "You picked up the cake. Perfect! Just come inside and set it on the table."

The profiler maneuvered her way into the house and her aunt moved out of the way in order for her to carry the cake inside. She passed through the foyer and entered the black-and-white tiled kitchen before setting the cake down on the counter carefully, making sure she wouldn't mess up the precariously frosted pink and yellow icing.

"Aunt G, why did you get a cake that was so big?" Caroline asked her, smoothing back her plaid skirt and quickly fixed the wrinkles in her white blouse.

The blonde girl examined her aunt and she could tell that Aunt Guinevere had been cooking recently because of the flour that clung to the side of her face and the ends of her silvery-blonde hair. It almost made her seem a little washed-out, as if the white flour had somehow drowned out whatever color her aunt had on her pale skin. Also, it didn't take a profiler to see the ingredients all spread out on the counter across from her.