Chapter 37

Kaine's POV

   She slowly nodded off as I packed her things. She wouldn't go if someone didn't do it. I feel horrible that she is being forced to do something she is so against. I just want her to be happy, and okay.

    A knock on the door made me to look up, in entered Beck. He looked guilty of something.

   "Is she asleep?" He did not.

    "Beck, if you tell me you drugged her food and drink I swear to God-" His nervous laugh sounded. I pinched the bridge of my nose.

   "It wasn't my idea. It was Everett's." That made it even worse. It was the only way to get her bored and off to her parents before she had time to fight her way out. Her small frame was cuddled around her puppy. I still can't believe they won't let her bring him.

   "How long?" Beck smiled at me.

    "At least six hours."  He picked her up, Spoofy following us downstairs. She was asleep in her dad's arms. She seemed so peaceful. When I came downstairs, I was met with Lincoln, and her family. 

   "You drugged her?" Link looked shocked. Beck handed her to Link, then grabbed her Converse and then her sandals. He slipped on her sandals, and shoved her Converse into the suitcase. 

    "You have six hours, so get moving." Everett said as if he were really depressed about this. I would be, she's amazing, and next time they see her it could be in a coffin. My wolf snarled at my words. Kormack looked at me confused, but knew what I was thinking shortly after.

   "Take care of Spoofy please." Kormack said softly. Spoofy was whining, he didn't want to let his human go either.

   "Protect my baby girl Lincoln. If a single hair on her head is touched, I swear to you-" Olly grabbed Beck's shoulder. He was a good father to Winter.

   "Guys this isn't goodbye, come on." The twins said holding back tears. The only mother figure these boys have had. The first taste in understanding what love towards someone you aren't related to can feel like.

   Soon we were being driven to the airport. Winter was laying on her side, gripping my leg as a pillow. My eyes were closed, and I ran my fingers through her hair, calming myself down.