Chapter 16

Warnings: None

     ~Vikk's P.O.V.~

     I awake to the sound of a light snore, yet nothing more. The air is silent, and even though it's night (which I can see through the holes in the wood door opposite to me), no mobs cry. A quick glance around my surroundings, and a brief moment to recollect my thoughts, and I can easily figure out the situation. They kidnaped me, brought me to... Wherever this is, and tied me up. Why they didn't just straight up kill me, well, I guess I'll find out in the morning. Or at least, I would... But I plan to be out of here before that.

     They've done a decent job at retaining me. My inventory is empty, as are my pockets, and my wrists, legs, arms, and ankles are bound tightly by ropes. To the naked eye, it looks as if I'm helpless. But the cool touch of a tiny blade pressing against my thigh states otherwise. I always keep a small, two inch blade strapped high up on my thigh, underneath my boxers. Laugh all you want at the placement, but the location and size of the blade makes it nearly impossible to detect. Even if someone searches you. If they had found it well... That'd be a little bit creepy. But the blade serves as a perfect tool for getting out of tough situations, just like this.

     Although it's a stretch, almost to the point where my arms are breaking, I manage to twist my wrists and arms around enough to lightly grip the blade. Spinning the tiny sharp object in my fingers, I slump back against the wall and hand my head to make it appear I'm still unconscious. From the looks of it, it won't be morning for another hour or two, but I'm not taking any chances. Plus, with a knife so small, and with limited mobility, it's going to take me a while to slice this thick rope around me. But if I can just get through the rope around my wrists, I'll release my forearms and provide myself with enough mobility to untie myself and escape. Or kill them all. Depends how I'm feeling.

Doing the best I can with my fingers alone, I spin the blade around so the sharp edge is against the rope, and start sawing. It may not be much force, but the the little peace of metal griped between my fingers is enough to slice through the rope, slowly... But surely. It's tiring work, and by the time I can feel a major difference in the tightness of the rope, my fingers are aching and my wrists are tensing up. But finally I manage to twist my wrists, and flex them in a way that the now damaged and frayed rope snaps, giving my forearms full mobility. Alright, now just to get these stupid ropes off my arms and legs.

     Knowing that I can't break through the ropes with my bare hands, and the small blade in my hands is too slow and takes to much effort, I scan the room. Almost instantly my eyes catch the glint of who I recall to be 'Jerome's' diamond axe. Rolling silently over the ground, I come to a stop beside the bed occupied by Jerome, the diamond tool resting against the bed frame. Grabbing the axe, I roll back to my corner, and begin hacking as silently as possibly at the bindings. Which, as I soon come to realize, takes me only a few minutes to completely free myself. So cutting the last of the ropes, I kick them off, and go to make a break for it.

     Only to find all four of them staring directly at me.

     I curse under my breath. So close.

     "And where do you think you're going?" Mitch demands, standing in front of the door with his arms crossed.
"Ehm... Anywhere but here?" I reply, huffing and leaning back against the wall.
"But you don't have any weapons." The lava mob, I believe it's Preston, begins. "Or anything for that matter. How do you expect to-"
"Oh my gosh just shut up already! Cut the crap and tell me what you want with me. You haven't killed me yet, so obviously you must want something." I snap, glaring at Preston.
"And if I don't?" He pushes.
"Then I'll force my way outta here."
"Ha! As if. It's four against one."
I scoff. "And what're you gonna do? Bite me? Or would Jerome do a better job?"
     Jerome snarls "Why you little-"
     "ENOUGH!"

     All of us snap our jaws shut, and turn to face who I believe is Rob, who was the one who just shouted. He pauses for s moment, meeting each of our gazes to make sure he has our attention. Then he sighs in frustration locking eyes with me.

     "Vikk, the reason we didn't kill you is because we need your help."
     "My help? Why-"
     "No. Stop. I'm not finished yet. We four are going to challange the rulers of each kingdom, take over, and stop this stupid war. I'm from the Spell kingdom, Jerome's from the Mutant kingdom, Preston is technically from the Rouge kingdom, and Mitch is from the Royal kingdom-as I'm sure you know. Because you said you are a part of the Hidden kingdom at this time, we need you to be our representative from said kingdom. Then we just need to get someone from the Dimensional kingdom, and we can put our plan into motion." Rob explains.
     "And what makes you think I'd be willing to join you?" I peruse, raising an eyebrow. "Give me one good reason."
     "Well here's the thing, we don't know anything about you, so that isn't really a valid question. Instead, I challenge you to a duel. If I win, you help us. If you win, you're free to go. It's a fair fight, one on one." Rob challenges, myself and everyone else included casting him shocked glances. But it's too late, he's challenged me to a duel, and basic moral code says they can't intervene.
     "Ha, as if that's going to be enough to-"

     My sentence is cut off as Rob tosses a small sack at my feet. I raise and eyebrow and pick it up, glancing inside to reveal multiple emeralds, diamonds, and gold. I look back at Rob, smiling, and pocketing the ores.

     "I accept the challenge."

~~~
Question of the chapter:

Predictions for the duel- GO!

My answer: 🤐