2

There had been new news. It spread through the kingdom quite quickly. The news was that the eldest Prince, whom would be Thomas, had to pick a bride. This actually surprised most that found out. He was content, only being nineteen years of age, nobody bothered to think that he should be in a courtship.

However, when the King's health started to worsen again, Tom was obviously the first in line for the throne. Which also meant to be able to rule after his father passes that he would need a wife. In order to have a fully legal title.

Recently Tom had been having dreams of you. Memories that were a bit twisted from long ago. And new fantasies about you now. He remembered that you'd be turning eighteen in awhile, a couple months before he'd gone twenty.

He jolted up from bed. His face and palms sweaty, his face was flushed, and his heart was racing. All in a good way of course. He'd just dreamed that the two of your gotten married and his mother was ever so proud. A small and nearly sad smile crawled upon his lips for a moment.

He let out a breath, rubbing his eyes before shutting them tightly. He mind kept leaping back and forth between you and trying to picture what you must look like, and his mother. He was trying to remember her voice and her soft smile. But he remembered your dimples and your slightly​ crooked smile.

He dressed himself and whilst walking down the marvelous hallway a guard graciously told him that his father was requesting him to be by his side immediately. The guard didn't even finish his sentence before Tom was sprinting towards his father's room. He forgot to knock, so he ended up barging in.

He panted slightly, hardly from running. But due to all his anxiety. "My firstborn," his father croaked, coughing into his sleeve. Tom walked over and sat on the side of his father's bed. "I, I want to see you marry before I pass." He spoke softly, "Now, as your king, I should tell you to marry for the benefit of the kingdom. But," he inhaled deeply, "as your father. I want to tell you to marry a girl you love. Just as I loved your mother."

A tear slipped down Tom's cheek, and his hands began to shake. "I want you to marry a good woman; one you can see a future with. One that will help you raise your brothers. A good wife to you, and a good woman to help you rule."

"You're speaking as if this is the last you'll say," Tom cried, entirely overwhelmed by this whole situation.

"Fear not," the King tried to speak comforting but he sounded like he was going to cough up a lung. "I have no intentions of leaving until I see you marry. So take as much time as you need my son."

•~•

You continued to wade through the little stream by your favorite tree. You were trying to take your mind of your thoughts but it was to no avail. You'd been thinking about Tommy recently. You'd began to become curious to if you'd ever see that young, playful, boy again.

You doubted it. You were upset you thought you'd moved on years ago, you knew he must have. Why would he ever have chosen to remember a girl like you. Why would he have wasted any time occupying his thoughts on you.

You began to wonder about where he and his family moved to. When you were younger your mother told you that they had moved far away and you'd probably never see those little lads again.

Your mind began to stray once again.

What if he was in a courtship with some girl? Would they marry, settle down, and have twelve children? What would he do for work to support them all?

You slipped and fell into the stream. Completely wet. "Are you serious?!" You spoke to yourself, trying to get out of the cold water. You ran to your tree, hunkering down and wrapping yourself in your blanket you brought along. You figured you'd just stay there until you had dried a bit more.

While you waited you began to think more about Tommy, even though you didn't want to. You couldn't even explain it to yourself why you were so occupied with this boy.

Lol, sorry I haven't updated in forever.
Let me know what y'all think.
And if you have any suggestions about what should happen or what you'd like to see lemme know in the comments.