Chapter 54

April's POV

I raced back to the car as fast as I could, telling Noah and Kayla to come 15 minutes later so I could prevent something from happening that would paint the scene red.

"Aiden?" I called my voice a mix between a yell and pant. I walked further into the house and half-climbed the stairs, my neck twisting to catch sight of someone. Anyone. "Aiden? Is anyone here?"

"Geez, I think everyone heard you," Daniel exited his room.

"Daniel." I barked, "where's Aiden? And Diego? And Nina?"

"What's up little A?" He smiled at me, but I had no time for sweet talk right now. I needed to get to Aiden and Diego before Noah did; who knows how they would react.

"Daniel, please, just tell me where they are."

"They're all in the kitchen." I followed his eyes and nodded, racing to the kitchen. I burst through, panting, my eyes widening as I saw Emma sitting by the table. Her eyes lifted to mine as soon as I entered, but they remained void of emotion. How they hell did she reach here before me? I broke the speed limit twice. Werewolf advantages, I grumbled.

I thinned my lips, feeling guilty about what I was about to do. "Aiden?"

"Yes April? You were screeching my name all over the house." I grabbed his shoulder, forcing him to turn and looked him square in the eye.

"I need to talk to you." I said seriously.

"You're trying to seduce me? Right now?" He raised his eyebrows and was met with chortles from Beau.

"Shut up," I was met with an upturned smile. "Please?"

Now, he looked concerned. "Sure, come on." 

I quickly slid the door open and slipped out, waiting before Aiden exited after me and then slammed it shut. "Geez, calm down, Ap. What's going on with you? You look like an escaped gorilla looking for a way out of the zoo."

"Charming," I dropped my gaze, my stomach suddenly knotting at the prospect of what I was about to do. I looked up at him and my breath caught in my throat, my mind muddling as he grinned lazily at me.

"Aiden I need you to promise me something."

"What is it?

"First promise me." I urged.

"You're freaking me out more than usual... which I didn't think was possible. What's going on April?" He hooked his arms around me neck lazily, fingers tangling in my hair as he dragged his hand through it gently. I forced myself to not crumble at the sensation. 

"Promise me something." 

"Okay, okay, I promise. Now what is it that I promised to?" He said with a faint trace of amusement lacing his voice.

I breathed a sigh of relief. "You'll promise me that you'll listen to me, you won't get angry and you'll stop if I tell you to stop." I rushed my words so that they ran into one another, but Aiden seemed to understand because he frowned.

"It sounds like a dictatorship."

"You'll promise me that you won't let your werewolf side take over. You'll listen to things and let... let people speak before acting."

He hesitated again. "Please."

"It's that important to you that I promise these lame, out-of-the-blue, cheesy pieces of shit?" I nodded. "Is there a reason you want me to promise you these things?" I nodded my head. "And I haven't done anything wrong? Have I hurt you?"