Chapter 38

Landon's father, he died because he was trying to protect me from the blast. It was my fault. That had been only one of numerous I suppose. Landon's eyes met mine curiously, Walter's voice snapped me from thought.

   "You dare disobey a direct order?" His voice held danger. 

   "Father-" Todd was interrupted by an angry growl. 

   "Dad, we-" Jasper's voice was also cut off. So this is why people see the royals as useless. The temper, unwilling to hear reason. Shocking that he isn't dead yet.

   "No, just because you think we owe you some-" His words were cut off my a low growl. My teeth grit, my body shook.

   "Think you owe me?" A scoff left my lips. "You do owe me." He left his seat and was coming around to my seat. 

   "Young lady." His voice menacing.

   "Oh please do." Monty stood up, but was ordered to sit. He looked at me with wary eyes.

   "If you're going to be staying here, there are ground rules." He was now a few feet from me. "One, women aren't looked at in high positions, specifically of your..nature." His words bit. "Two, you will hold your tongue in the presence of any high ranking male." His teeth ground together. Three, you will listen to orders given." His hatred evident. He was standing in front of me now. My body shook, Eden held back. "Four, you will not be unattended at any point in time." He smelled of alcohol and blood. "Five, as long as you are here, you will be treated as an omega." His wife cut in.

   "George." Her voice irritated and emotional. He didn't move his eyes from mine. 

   "Six, you will train like my other children in preparation. Seven, you will be invisible at all points in time. The disrespect and the attitude will disappear, am I understood?" His breath reeked of whiskey.

   "Why are you so scared of me?" The words were calm, and detached. His eyes held too many emotions for me to pinpoint. 

   "Be careful Little One, I'm not as kind as my counterparts." His voice was cold, angry.  He and I leveled to each other, glaring with every ounce.

   "Maybe we should go separate ways for now." The woman said with a commanding tone. His eyes faltered, mine did not. "George!" She snapped, he hesitated before turning and walking away. When he and the woman were out of sight, Jasper whistled.