Chapter 19

The next morning I didn't feel any better. I felt worse actually I was cold and shaking. I tried to move out of Kace's arms but he held on to me tighter. "Kace. Kace wake up" I said. He groaned and opened his eyes to look at me. I yelled when I felt a sharp pain in my side. It felt like I was being stabbed in the side.

Kace jumped up and helped me sit up me breathing heavy from the sharp pain. "What's wrong"Kace asked me now kneeling by my side. "It hurts" I cried out. He threw on a shirt and picked me up bridal style. I had tears rolling down my face. Every time the pain intensified I would cry out and squeeze Kace's arm.

When we got to the infirmary doctors immediately ran over to take me back. Kace set me down gently on the bed. After that all I remembered was blacking out.

🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳
Kace's P.O.V

I held on to Emmelines hand as she lay in the hospital bed. I hadn't left her side since she was put in the hospital three days ago. She had fallen into a coma and the doctors didn't know if she would ever wake up.

If we were mated she would be stronger and might have a better chance of pulling through. But right now her body was still healing from whatever trauma she was put through in those woods.

She was braver than people thought she was. She was able to survive all on her own for years. She had been alone through it all. At least that's what I knew of. All I knew was that I was thankful for the rogues her saved her when she was shot.

It tore me apart how she started crying when she told me she couldn't have kids. She would be a great mother. I knew since I was an alpha she had a better chance of getting pregnant but there was still a chance the child wouldn't make it.

Right now I just focused on her. Her breaths were steady but shallow. The doctors told me she would wake up when she wanted to. But after everything she's been through she might not want to wake up.

"Beauties please wake up. I need you more than you know. I can't lose you. I don't know what I would do without you. I love you"i whispered to her. Even though she probably didn't hear me. After I said that her hand gave mine a faint grip. She was fighting. She was fighting to get back to me.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Emmeline P.O.V

I sat in the peaceful darkness. It was quiet and I felt safe. But something wasn't right. I was alone. And after all that time I spent being alone in those woods I didn't like being alone. I wanted to be with Kace. He kept me safe. Sure he did mean things to me when we were younger but he had changed. I would never forget he killed my aunt. The one person that cared about me but now he cared about me and so did Anna. Although she proved it in her own crazy psycho sort of say. But she was right I wouldn't have let her inject me after what she said.

I heard Kace's voice through the darkness. Telling me to wake up, that he needed me, and that he loved me.

I wanted to, but I couldn't! I didn't know how! I wanted to be with him again. I wanted him to hold me like he did every night. I needed to be with him. I loved him to. I fought to try and wake up and get away from the darkness. Then I heard a door open and close and I no longer heard Kace.

Did he leave me. Why did he leave me? I wanted him to come back. Had he given up on me?!

I cried out into the darkness. I wanted to wake up. Why can't I wake up!

🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳🐳
Kace P.O.V

When I felt her hand squeeze mine I left to go find a doctor and they followed me back. They checked on her and made sure she was alright. The doctor turned to me "Alpha I think it would be best if you went and got some rest" she advised. "I'll rest when Emmeline wakes up" I said. She sighed before walking out.

I held her hand once again and she squeezed it again. I looked up and saw her eyes trying to flutter open. Eventually she opened them all the way and winced from the light. She blinked a few times before turning to me. I smiled and kissed her forehead and she smiled. "You haven't gotten any sleep" she said looking at my face and frowned. "Don't worry about me beautiful" I sighed.

"I am going to worry about you your my mate. Now go get some rest" she said. "I'm not leaving you right now" I told her. She smiled and moved over on the bed. The hospital bed was large like a queen size bed. They had put her in the best room because she was the future Luna. I sighed and smiled at her. She was smiling at me and I laid down beside her.

She curled ups into my side and put her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her as close as I could get her. She closed her eyes and her breaths evened out. "I love you beautiful" I whispered. "I love you to Kace" she whispered back. Then I fell asleep with my beautiful mate beside me where I could protect her.