Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen : New Alpha And Luna

~ Laurin's P.O.V~

" You know I can push it back another week if you want " Alex offered.
" No. I've held it off long enough and it's not fair to you or your pack " I replied.
" Are you sure? " He asked.
" Yeah " I sighed.
" You know I'm here for you. You don't have to go through this alone " He smiled.
" I know " I smiled back.

It had been almost two weeks since Darrick's death and I've been a mess. I wouldn't eat, sleep or talk a lot for the first few days. Now I eat and sleep but I still don't talk much.

Alex's Dad has been wanting to present me as Luna since the day after Darrick died. Alex had put it off for a while but I know I can't avoid it. It's not fair to everyone else.

" You'll make a great Luna you know " Alex said.
" How? " I asked.
" You're hurting and in pain right now but you want to go through with the ceremony for everyone. You're putting others above yourself and you care about others " He explained.

I didn't reply.

Alex moved over and hugged me. I hugged him back and let all my tears fall. Alex kept whispering that everything was ok. I sniffled and slowly stopped crying. I pulled away from Alex.

" Thanks " I whispered.
" I'd do anything for you " He said.
" I love you " I smiled.
" I love you too " He replied.

----------------------------

" You sure? " Abigail asked.
" Yeah " I sighed.
" Then let's go " Nick said.

I took one last look in the mirror. I was wearing a strapless red ballgown with a pair of black heels.

" You look good by the way " Nick whispered to me.
" Thanks " I whispered back.

Nick was wearing a tux and Abigail was wearing a strapless short green dress.

We all made our way to the huge room where Alex's parents was going to do the ceremony. Nick and Abigail went to sit with their mates while I went backstage. I felt a pair of arms go around my waist and someone's head rest on my shoulder.

" Beautiful " Alex said as he looked at me.

I smiled and turned to face him. He was wearing a tux as well. Didn't know how good he looked in a tux until now.

" Thanks " I said.
" You ready? " He asked.
" As I'll ever be " I replied.

We heard the crowd cheer and then me and Alex made our way up to the stage where I saw Alex's father and mother waiting. We stood beside them and waited.

" We would like to welcome everyone here. Today, we are here to introduce your future Alpha and Luna. Me and my mate will be passing down the titles " Alex's father began.

Everyone cheered and I felt some of my nerves go away. Alex and me walked up to the mic and Alex began talking.

" I am here to introduce someone very important and special to not only me, but the pack. This is my mate and your future Luna, Laurin " Alex said.

Everyone applauded and I smiled.

We stepped back again and Alex's parents said a long speech.

" Alexander. Do you swear to protect the pack with your life, put the pack before yourself and be the Alpha this packs needs? " Alex's dad asked.
" I swear " Alex answered.
" And Laurin. Do you swear to protect the pack with your life, put the pack before yourself and be the Luna this pack needs? " Alex's mom asked me.
" I swear " I said honestly.

" Then we give you your new Alpha and Luna! Alexander and Laurin "