Denial

Jungkook's POV

"Jeon Jungkook! Wake up!" I could hear faint shouts but I didn't bother waking up. My birthday, my rules. "Get your ass up or you aren't getting anything." That's what it took to get me up. I shot out of bed throwing on my shirt and running downstairs.

"What do you want?" I tried to sound as if I didn't care but I'm sure my parents know me better than that. "We have one of your gifts for you. The original plan was to wait until later, when your friends are here, but this gift can't wait..." She seemed nervous.

"Ok...where is it?" I looked around but I couldn't see any boxes or bags. I look at my parents confused. "Follow us." My dad stood up and waved his hand, gesturing for me to follow them. I could feel my excitement building up as we walked out to the garage. 'Am I getting a car?' I couldn't stop my thoughts from getting my hopes up.

No POV

Jungkook watched as his mom opened the car door and reached for something. "Jungkook, promise me that you will be happy and thankful for everything, no matter what it is." She had a very serious tone caught in her voice. "Y-yes mom..." He was trying to contain his excitement.

Jungkook almost fell to the ground in shock when his mom gently pulled a small hybrid out of the car. "What the fuck?!" Jungkook didn't know what to think about this. His parents just bought him a cat hybrid for his birthday. "What did you promise me?!" His mom raised her voice causing the small hybrid to flinch and crawl back into the car.

"What the hell is that?! Why would you get me that thing?! I thought I was getting a car! What the fuck is wrong with you guys?!" Jungkook was practically yelling at the top of his lungs as he slammed the door behind him, stomping up to his room and going back to sleep.

Jihee reached back into the car, picking the small hybrid up again. "It's alright. He'll warm up to you eventually." She smiled at him and the small hybrid couldn't help but to feel safe once again. Her smile was so gentle and comforting.

"What do we do with it if he continues hating it?" Sungmin spoke up. "Quit calling him an 'it'!" Jihee has had enough. "I'm sorry! He doesn't have a name!" He glanced at the hybrid. "Where is he going to sleep tonight. He was supposed to sleep in Jungkook's room but he hates him. They can't be in the same room until they are fine with one another's presence."

"We have a guest room you idiot." Jihee rolled her eyes at her husband as she walked into the house holding the hybrid's hand. "I swear I married a devil." Sungmin whispered to himself.

~Time Skip~ (jungkook's friends have now arrived later in the afternoon)

"Jungkook! Answer the door!" Jihee yelled from upstairs. Jungkook shot up from the couch and rushed to the door. He opened it and was greeted by his six friends he had invited over. "Hey guys..." His tone from earlier was still lingering in his voice as he spoke and all his friends looked at him suspiciously.

"What's your problem?" Yoongi, or as Jungkook calls him, grandpa, spoke. "Nothing. Just come in. I've got everything set up and this time, I have enough controllers for everyone to play unlike last year." Jungkook tried changing the topic.

"It's about damn time!" Taehyung shoved through everyone and rushed to the couch, sprawling out on it's soft cushions. Jungkook laughed softly and let everyone in. "So, what did you get for your birthday?" Jin, the most mother-like friend ever, asked.

As if he were listening, the hybrid came down the stairs following behind Jihee. "Oh, you guys are here? Good to see you all again. A pizza will be here shortly so answer the door when that gets he-" She stopped talking once she realized none of them were listening.

"Did you hear anything I just said?" She tried catching their attention but not one of them budged. She followed their eyes to find what they were looking at. She turned around and started laughing uncontrollably. "Control your hormones!" She shouted. Her loud and embarrassing shout made everyone snap out of their trance.

Jimin was wearing an oversized white shirt with no pants, just underwear. He had a black collar with small moons and stars on it and to top it off, a small bell on the front of it. His hair was fluffy and he looked terrified. All six people in the living room, Jungkook and his friends, had seen him half-naked already and he hadn't even lived for a full 24 hours yet.

The chip that Taehyung was eating fell out of his mouth. "Your parents got you a hybrid?!" Taehyung jumped up. Jihee and the hybrid had already left to the kitchen. "Yes, unfortunately..." Jungkook picked up the remote, turning the t.v on. "Unfortunately?! Are you fucking stupid? Those are so damn expensive! Dude, your spoiled ass better be thankful for that hybrid!" Hoseok yelled.

By now, all his friends were ripping him apart with their words. "Does he have a name? He's already got a collar...your parents must have named him for you." Namjoon continued playing a game on his phone as he spoke. "I don't know. The second I saw him, I ran upstairs and went back to sleep." Jungkook shrugged but could feel all the ice cold stares he was receiving from his friends.

"What?!" Jungkook looked up at them. He couldn't stand them treating him like this anymore. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" All of his friends stood up and walked off to the kitchen to meet the hybrid. When they got to the kitchen, Jihee was making a fruit salad for the small hybrid. The boy was sitting on the counter next to Jihee and giggling at something she was saying.

"Hello! I'm Taehyung!" Taehyung practically jumped to the smaller out of excitement. The hybrid's eyes widened and he quickly hopped off the counter and hid behind Jihee as he let out a small whimper. "Ah, I'm so sorry." Taehyung lowered his head and pouted. "We were wondering if he had name." Jin looked over to Jihee. "Yup! Jimin. We decided last night." She hugged Jimin in an attempt to comfort him.

"He's so cute!" Taehyung reached his hand out and cautiously started petting Jimin's head. Jimin unconsciously started purring and slowly moved closer to Taehyung. Taehyung laughed quietly and held Jimin in a hug.

Jungkook cleared his throat and caught everyone's attention. Jimin quickly backed out of the hug with Taehyung and hid behind Jihee. "God, you've traumatized the poor boy." Jin glared at Jungkook. "Do I look like I care?" Jungkook rolled his eyes and walked away. "If he doesn't ever approve of Jimin, I wanna keep him." Taehyung pointed at Jimin.