Prologue

Aurora looks up towards the bright ocean of stars in the night sky, her blue eyes gleaming with admiration. For her, the distant planets symbolize hope, a light in the awful darkness, and she could watch them the whole night. And sometimes, just sometimes, the little girl likes to pretend that all those stars are lost souls that left their lives behind, now watching over their beloved ones.

Come out, little souls. Come out of the darkness. Send me your light and give me your strength, Aurora prays with a bittersweet pain in her chest, her eyes filling with tears.

"Why isn't there anyone?" She suddenly feels a pang of loneliness, an incomplete void that she cannot describe with words. Her voice breaks and the light in her eyes slowly vanishes.

"What's wrong, Rora?" The tall man next to her asks curiously and even though his words don't seem to be empathic, his voice is.

"I thought my dad would be up there and answer me..." She says with disappointment lacing her unfulfilled wish. The blue man notices the sadness in her face, yet his facial expression barely softens. The little girl glances at him waiting for an answer. "Where are all dead people after life?"

"I don't know. 'M not dead." He only answers with a shrug and Aurora punches him against his stomach, though it hardly hurts him. "He's somewhere else, at a better place, Aurora. Don't worry about the dead ones. Worry about the living."

"Am I ever gonna see my mom again?" She wants to know. "She misses me, doesn't she? I haven't seen her for two months now. You still haven't told me why I'm here and why my mom let you take me."

The man kneels down to look directly into her eyes, being on the same height as her. "You're a good child, Aurora. You always listened to me and did what you'd been told to do. And do you know why you did that?"

"To survive."

"Right. To survive. You have to be here to do that, so your mother and you will be safe. Do you understand that?"

"Not really." She admits honestly, pressing her lips together and the man rolls his eyes, letting out a tired sigh. Standing up again, he places his hands on his hips. What did he think? That a six-year-old is going to understand the whole situation?

"Well, alright. I don't care. We're going to another planet now. Are you ready?" The alien asks as he starts to fly the spaceship. The sadness and confusion vanish into thin air and a bright smile returns on her lips, Aurora nods with excitement.

"Yes, Yondu. I wanna see the stars!"

A/N- Hey, guys! Some of you may know me from my Bucky FF, I'm Jessi :) This Loki FF will include as promised Thor: The Dark World, GOTG Vol. 2 and Thor: Ragnarok. For Aurora, my OC, I use Emilia Clarke as the face claim, just with auburn, short hair like in the picture I edited. I'll obviously change a lot of things since it's a FF, so it'll be more different to the movies than my Bucky FF. I hope you'll still enjoy it!