Chapter Nineteen

"Aaron"

Aaron felt a hand on his shoulder and opened his eyes.

"Hey, wake up" Rose said as she gently pushed Aaron by his shoulder. Aaron sat up from his position, which was next to Elaine. He had slept while sitting on the stool and his whole back was complaining.

"Hey"

"You should head back home. You secretary couldn't reach your phone so she left a message with Dante. You have a press conference today and that is important."

Aaron grabbed his phone and saw it was out of charge.

"I can't leave her"

"I am here with her don't worry. You need to go. Shower and have breakfast before you leave please" Rose said and Aaron nodded and left.

He reached his penthouse though his heart and mind was still at the hospital. He knew he needed to get this press conference because he had to clear his name which Olivia had tarnished and he wasn't going to let that woman walk all over him.

He plugged in his phone and quickly showered.

As soon as he reached his office he was greeted by Cecelia.

"Good morning sir" She said as she handed him a coffee and a sandwich.

Aaron held up the sandwich and raised his eyebrow.

"Mrs. Steele insisted."

"Thank you."

"The press conference is set up in conference room 10"

"Prep them up. I will be there shortly."

"Okay"

Aaron washed down the sandwich with the coffee and grabbed the file he needed for the press conference.

"We are all set sir" Robert, his VP, greeted him at the door of the conference room.

"Let's get this over with" Aaron muttered and strode into the conference room.

An hour later the true story was out in the open. Aaron had stated all the facts without cutting or holding anything back. He ran a hand through his hair as he got into the back seat of his car and told the driver to head back to the hospital.

He was also anticipating a call from an enraged Olivia but he would handle her when the time came. Right now, Elaine was his priority.

The next day Aaron paced in the waiting room while the doctors brought Elaine out of the medically induced coma. Dante and Rose were sitting on the chairs.

"Sit down please. You are making me dizzy" Rose said as she watched Aaron wear down the carpet.

"What if she doesn't let me near her ever again?"

"Why would you say that?" Rose said as she got up and came next to Aaron.

"Don't tell you are blaming yourself" Dante said.

"It is my fault. I should have never flown out to Milan that night and none of this would have happened!" Aaron shot out exasperated.

"Look man, don't berate yourself like that. It is not going to help you or her alright?"

"Dante is right" Rose said as she gave him a concerned look.

"I will not be able to live if she doesn't forgive me or let me back into her life!"

"This is all very hard and is going to take time but don't do this to yourself. Everything will be okay." Rose said in a calm voice.

"Elaine is awake." Sam said as she walked into the waiting room. She had been waiting outside the room.