Ch40

Asia

     Showing up to Jahseh's cookout, I decided to show a little skin

     Showing up to Jahseh's cookout, I decided to show a little skin. I was skeptical about doing it at first, but I had to talk myself into doing it anyway.

I approached his house with Mike right behind me.

I wasn't even going to show up but then I thought Jahseh is one of my closest friends, I cant do him like that. So I said why not and just bring someone I felt comfortable being around with me?

Besides, Stokeley was going to be there and I knew for a fact his little girlfriend was going to be right there beside of him.

I lead Mike to the front door and knocked. No one came but I did hear voices coming from the backyard.

We made our way to the back and there were a good amount of people, standing around associating, or sitting in chairs.

I spotted Isaiah and Antwan first so I decided to go over to them.

"Hey guys" I greeted with a smile.

"Wassup Asia" Antwan said giving me a hug.

"What it do Asia?" Isaiah asked while his eyes landed on Mike.

"This is my friend, Mike" I introduced.

"Wassup" Mike said.

Isaiah gave him a head nod, while Antwan only stood there staring at him.

"Where's Jahseh?" I ask them.

"Over there with Stokeley them" Isaiah points.

I look over and see Jahseh standing with Indya, Stokeley, Red, and two other people I were unfamiliar with.

"Thanks guys" I say.

As we walked off I heard Antwan mumble "thats the nigga".

I ignore his comment and continued to walk with Mike beside of me. Looking around it looked more like a party than just a cookout. Music was now playing and people began to dance and get excited.

A banner that read Congratulations hung up over the top of the back door. Some older looking man was standing at a grill, grilling hamburgers and other meats.

As we walked up to Jahseh and the rest of the people, Jahseh's eyes met mine first. He looked at me with a grin, until he seen Mike.

"You made it" He said putting back on his smile.

"You're like my brother, I had to" I tell him.

He pulled me into a hug while the rest of them greeted me; except for Stokeley of course.

Once I pulled away from Jahseh's hug, I glanced at Stokeley. He was already looking at me so I looked away.

"Look at you. I thought you didn't like showing off your skin" Red said nudging me.

"I came out of that shell" I tell him nodding.

I looked at Indya and she was giving me a look like I was crazy. I brushed her off and turned to Mike.

"Guys, this is Mike" I tell them.

"Yo" Jahseh spoke eyeing him and then checking him out.

Mike nodded his head.

No one else spoke.

My intentions on bringing Mike weren't to make Stokeley jealous. It was to make him think that I was over him.

Throughout the week, Mike and I had been hanging out extremely a lot. He expressed his feelings to me a couple of days ago but I explained to him that I wasn't ready to mess with anybody else yet.

I was still stuck on Stokeley but he didn't know that. That didn't stop me from flirting with Mike and getting a little friendly with him though.

"I just want to say congratulations, I know how hard you've been working to come up" I tell Jahseh.

"Thank you, that means a lot. But I don't think I could have done it without this nigga"

Stokeley smiled as Jahseh put his hand on his shoulder. I looked at Stokeley again, only this time he was looking at Mike and not me.

"Babe, have you seen my phone?" Carly asked coming and grabbing onto Stokeley's arm.

"Welp, I'll be hanging out over there somewhere with Mike" I tell them before eyeing Carly.

I pull Mike away and head off to the side.

"Who's the dude that kept checking you out?" Mike asks me.

"What dude?"

"The dude with the hat"

"Stokeley? And he wasn't checking me out" I mumbled the last part.

"Thats the dude that texted you that one time? With the heart beside of his name?" He asks me looking a little hurt.

"Yes... But we don't talk anymore so you don't have to worry about it. I promise" I tell him rubbing his arm.

When the cookout was about over it was already going on 9 o'clock. I told Jahseh goodbye before hopping into Mike's car and leaving.

Mike and I were now parked in front of my house just sitting there.

"Thank you for bringing me with you" He tells me sitting back in his seat looking at me.

"Thank you for coming with me, I had fun" I tell him smiling.

He smiled back at me then stared at me for a while. I hated when people stared at me, it made me feel nervous.

"What?" I ask him with a smile still on my face.

"Nothing. I just think ya beautiful as fuck" He says making me blush.

I smiled at him and shook my head. We sat in silence for a few seconds before I decided to speak again.

"Get out, I wanna show you something" I tell him opening up the car door.
<>

decided to update tonight, because why not?