28: Loose Lips Sink Ships

"Hey, it's me. Brendon. Look, dude, I'm sorry for what happened, but I heard you're home for a few days again, and I wanted to know if you wanted to come by...catch up, hang out and all that. I need to apologize for being such a douchenozzle. I'll make cookies and we can talk and play some video games? I dunno, I just want-"

The message cut out, presumably when the voicemail stopped recording him. Patrick was hesitant, but he still sent a text that he wasn't sure was an entirely great idea.

pdiddly: Yeah, if you wanna hang out on Saturday, that's the only day I'm free. Maybe Sunday but idk for sure.

brendon: Sounds good! 

Admittedly, Patrick had been a little off since he spent the day with his sister. She was more than a little off as well, and though she'd told Patrick she was glad she did it, there was a large part of her that felt very guilty about what she'd done. He didn't blame her. She tried talking about it when they went and got dinner, but she had in the end just explained that though she knew she couldn't keep a kid, there was a part of her that felt like she might've been better off trying.

Patrick would still never disagree with her. She did what was best for her, and he'd helped pay for part of it. It was fifty dollars from his pocket, but he didn't really care too much.

Yet the thoughts still plagued him as he made his way to Brendon's on Saturday, having brought the random requested things. He approached the door and knocked before being let inside by Brendon. He'd cracked a smile at the taller boy, and he set his bag down in the living room as Brendon went to get them bottles of something to drink.

Patrick observed the house. It was different, but he was enjoying it. It had been so long since he was here last, he forgot half of how the house looked. Though Brendon came back and handed Patrick a bottle of Gatorade, there was a silence between them for a moment that made them both feel slightly awkward.

"Y'know, I kill at Smash."

"You what?" Patrick honestly thought he was referring to sex, but Brendon laughed.

"Super Smash Brothers. I can rip people new assholes."

"Oh, you wish!"

"I can!"

"Sure."

"Fight me, bitch. Let's go."

And thus was the several-hours long battle of a mix of Super Smash Bros, Mariokart, Wii Sports, Guitar Hero, and Just Dance. Afterwards, it was the two messing around in the backyard and ending up in the pool somehow, and then ordering pizza and letting Patrick play Majora's Mask on his Gamecube. Patrick played for awhile, until he'd gotten past the part Brendon had struggled with, then they switched to that version of Mario Party. 

It surprised Patrick that he had so much fun with Brendon, when he thought he could never even look at him again.

"Hold on, did you really work with Marina Diamandis?" Brendon asked, halfway through his slice of pizza. 

Patrick finished his drink, but nodded. "Yeah," he said, pausing before continuing, "I still technically am, I just get days off and stuff, you know? I have the weekend this time, but then we're wrapping up recording and school starts again soon, so..."

"Still, Marina."

Patrick pulled up her instagram post with him in her lap and showed it to him, going back to his pizza.

"No fucking way! This is a joke, right?!"

"Dude, just go to her page and scroll down a bit." He shrugged. "My other artist right now is Lady Gaga, and she's probably the nicest person I've ever met?"