Chapter 28

The way they look at each other. Like I said, they are my OTP!! Enjoy lovelies!!!
___________________________

"I don't know about the hat. Is it supposed to look crooked?" Edith asked as Mary as her, Sybil, Anna, and I stood in Mary's room observing her new outfits she picket for her honeymoon.

"Don't listen to her. I love it. You're not to change a thing" Sybil cooed to her older sister. Mary looked herself over in the mirror. "Anna?" "I think you look lovely, m'lady" Mary looked to me through the mirror.

"Lilly, dear, what do you think?" "I have to agree with Sybil and Anna. You look stunning. Blue is definitely your color" she smiled as there was a knock at the door.

"Stop, wait! Who is it?" Sybil asked as the door was hallways opened halfway. "Your long-suffering Papa" said Robert from the other side of the door. "I suppose he can come in" Robert opened the door fully as he closed it behind him.

Mary opened her arms and gestured to her new outfit with a Smile. "What's this for?" "Going-away" she turned around. "How does it look?" "Expensive" "Twice the national debt, in afraid" Robert chuckled.

"But I know you don't mind" Robert pressed his lips into a thin line and fidgeted with his hand. "Can I have a moment alone to give Mary my blessing?" We all nodded.

"Shoo, everyone" Sybil joked as we all left, Anna closed the door behind us. Sybil linked arms with me as we walked down the hall. "So, Lilly, Tom and I were talking. And since you're like my sister, and you're the only family Tom has. We've decided that we want you to be the Baby's aunt" I smiled to her.
"Seriously?" she grinned and nodded.

~~~~

"Are you going up to the house to welcome the Queen of Sheba?" Lady Violet asked as we sat in Mrs. Crawley's sitting room. "Oh, I think so. Are you?" "No. I'll pay homage at dinner" she said with a sarcastic manner.

"I've always admired the way Mrs. Levinson is never overawed by the whole set-up at Downton" "Was Napoleon overawed by the Bourbons?" I smiled as the door opened.

"Oh, come in, Tom. May I call you Tom?" Mrs. Crawley asked in a sweet manner. "Of course" he looked to lady Violet. "Good afternoon, M'lady. That is, Lady Grantham. I'm glad to find you here, because...I want to apologize for last night" Lady Violet held her hand up as to say it's alright.

"Oh. There's no need. We know it was not your fault" comforted Mrs. Crawley. "You weren't the first drunk in that dining room, I can assure you" Mrs. Crawley and I laughed. "Only the first republican" he stated putting his hands behind his back.

"Well, you've got me there" she smiled to him, he smiled slightly. "Why was it you wanted to see me?" He asked Mrs. Crawley as he turned to her. "We've asked Molelsey to look out Matthew's old morning coat. He is confident he can make it fit" he smiled uncomfortably.

"That's very kind, ladies. But you see, u don't approve of these costumes. I see them as the uniform of oppression and I should be uncomfortable wearing them" I bit the I side of my cheek. "Are you quite finished?" Lady Violet asked, as if he was a toddler throwing a tantrum. "I have" he answered confused.

"Good. Please take off your coat" tom looked from her to Mrs. Crawley, then to me. I raised an amused brow at him. "Molesley, do help him" tom sighed and looked away as he ü bottomed his jacket. "If you'll just slip it off, sir" he took atoms jacket and laid it over the top of the sofa.

"Shouldn't he put in the waistcoat first?" She asked as Mr. Molesley helped Tom slip on the Morning coat. "What's going on?" Matthew asked as he walked in. "They're forcing me into a morning coat" tom said not pleased as Mr. Molesley buttoned it up.