seventeen | tastes in a person like you

As I applied the last coat of my Chanel red lipstick, I grinned in the mirror before doing a little twirl. I wore a silky, floor-length dress with flower patterns painted on the white material, leaving my shoulders bare and exposed.

I glanced over my shoulder to see Tori and Jiao, looking exhausted as they lounged on my bed whilst flipping through a magazine. I chuckled and walked over to them before planting a kiss on both of their left cheeks, earning a squeal in response.

"You shouldn't have come over at nine in the morning just to doll me up," I stated, raising an eyebrow at the both of them who looked up with a beam, red staining their cheeks. "Now you both look exhausted."

When I had texted them around one in the morning since I had drunk coffee a few hours before and was feeling buzzed, I had immediately woken up at nine with one banging on my front door and another climbing through my damn window.

Impatient, the word to describe them, was definitely an understatement.

I almost had a heart attack when Tori, who had climbed through my window, leant over me and grinned from ear to ear like a damn clown.

You could imagine my foot flying to her face and kicking her to the other side of the damn planet -room- where she had to now use makeup to cover a small bruise on her nose.

"Fast reflexes," I had said to her, earning a sharp glare in return.

"Then you should've texted us the night before," Jiao responded to my question, shaking her head in amusement. "Because then, I would've known what look to go for for your makeup."

I batted my eyelashes innocently at them. "Thank you, loves."

Jiao and Tori rolled their eyes in annoyance. They continued to flip through their magazine, their heads bobbing to the music that was blaring through my speakers as I took in a sharp breath, walking towards my mirror for what seemed like the hundredth time.

I didn't know why I was so nervous. It was Cayden's twenty-first birthday party where he had invited all of his friends and family.

When I thought of meeting Ashton's family-I mean, I knew that I would be bumping into a few of them- my heart would almost stop and nervousness would bubble in the pits of my stomach. I cared what they thought about me.

I didn't know why.

I wasn't supposed to.

Ashton was just a friend to me. A friend that was truthfully better than my own girlfriends. He knew when I was upset and he even knew how to cheer me up, through ice-cream.

None of my friends has ever done that before.

It was always the other way around but I honestly didn't mind.

The sound of the doorbell bouncing off the walls immediately snapped me back to reality as I clenched my fists at my sides, watching two of my friends jump from the bed before bolting for the door in the mirror.

I chuckled and inhaled a sharp breath before nodding at my appearance, turning on my heel then grabbed a purse from my bed on my way out of my room.

I could hear Jiao's voice from downstairs but as I descended the stairs slowly as if wanting to make a dramatic entrance, I suddenly felt nervous again. I bit my lips before stepping onto the floor and slowly looked up to see a masculine figure staring right at me, his blue eyes widening in shock.

I cleared my throat quietly and plastered on a smirk in an attempt to hide my nervousness before gliding towards Ashton who looked almost as magnificent as I did. He wore a white suit but had a crimson red tie on, his hair left dishevelled. I found myself shamelessly eye-raping him, my cheeks tinting pink when I realised I was slightly drooling.