Chapter 18

Chaeyoung's POV

I was mentally freaking out. I remembered bits and pieces of what happened the night of the party, but I couldn't piece together everything. Ughh, it's so complicated. I wonder how Mina unnie will act around me, yesterday she acted as if nothing happened. Did nothing happen? It's weird how that kind of bums me out. So I'm dreading to see Mina unnie later today. Ugh. Do I tell her I know or not? Or what? I guess I'll figure it out when I get there.

Mina's POV

I kept tossing and turning all night. I couldn't stop thinking about Chaeyoung and what it might finally feel like to have her lips on mine. I can't suppress my feelings for her much longer. She's an amazing person, so why wouldn't I give it a try with her? But she's my friend and I don't want her to look at me like I'm damaged when she finds out the truth.

She texted that she was on her way. And I kind of freaked out. While my sisters and Momo and Sana were getting ready downstairs to study, I was in my room pacing around. When I heard the doorbell rings, that's when I told myself to suck it up and go down. The moment I saw Chaeyoung is when all the feeling came crashing back on me, she was adorable. We both stared at each other for a while before everyone else came to say hey to Chaeyoung.

We all went to go sit the table to start. However I did the mistake of sitting across from Chaeyoung, which just made me blush whenever I looked straight at her.

After about an hour and half of studying for literature, we switch for history. It was my turn to get the books, but they were heavy, so I asked for help. None other than Chaeyoung offered to help, oh no. we both walked to the big bookshelf in the other room to get the history books. Of course, Nayeon unnie had to leave a bunch of his stuff in the floor for me to trip over. Luckily, Chaeyoung caught me, then she took a step but slipped too. We both came crashing down. She lifted herself off of me at elbow length away.

We both stared at each other really intensively. I longed to kiss her more than anything, but I had to keep my mind of off that, so of course I had to say the dumbest thing possible for this scenario.
"It seems like we kind of have a problem falling for each other."

She blushed and look away and at that moment I notice how wrong that statement came out.

"I mean I'm clumsy. I'm the one who has a habit of always falling." I said trying to fix the situation.

Chaeyoung giggled before saying,"Hey, with ,me, you'll never fall alone again," and then she gave me a heartwarming smile showing her dimple. My heart could have melted right there and then.

She got up and helped me up. Then something on me got her attention, I was about to look down at my sweater when she places a gentle hand on my collarbone. The place where she gave me a hickey the night of the party. This makes my breath hitch and my heart starts pounding so fast.

"Why didn't you tell me about this? Were you mad?" she asks, looking me directly in the eyes.

I look down before answering, "I could never be mad with you Chaeyoung. I just didn't want you to freak out, because at the time you were drunk and maybe you weren't thinking." I replied.

She sighs and then gently grabs my chin up to look at her as she says, "Mina unnie, I may have been drunk and not thinking with my head, but I was going with my heart."

The moment she said that my heart pounded crazily. I got the biggest swarm of butterflies in my stomach. Is she referring to her feelings for me? The thought was just so overwhelming.

"Sometimes I wish I could see the creative thought process in your head Mina unnie. Or maybe how you feel at the moment." said Chaeyoung.

Obviously I blushed at the moment. I look away briefly before thinking what the heck. I look her in the eye and take a step closer. We both slowly start to close the gap between us. Our lips are barely a centimeter away and I can already feel the buzz and bliss that's waiting. Our lips barely graze each other's before we hear,
"Hey!! What's taking you guys so long? Need help with book?" asks Nayeon unnie as she was about to walk in.

Chaeyoung and I immediately jump back away from each other. Ofcourse with my luck, I trip over.

"Clumsy as ever Minarii" says Nayeon unnie while laughs and helps me up. He helps with the books and Chaeyoung and I follow her back to the table without saying a word.

We continue to study. Every once and awhile I can't help but look at Chaeyoung and think about how our lips were so close. We didn't even kiss, but I felt like the happiest person on earth because she likes me. But of course my life had to came crashing down like always. I can't ever have happiness along enough.

Dahyun gasps at her phone and then her face immediately changed into an angry one. She shows me a picture on Instagram of Yerin, Chungha and Somi. The three people I hate the most in the world. The caption said, "Can't believe we are all back. Going to be a fun senior year." Great, just great. The people who tormented me and deeply hurt me are back. What was I going to do. Everyone turned to look at me and I couldn't take it. Knowing Yerin was back hurt, but I could handle it. But Chungha and Some are too much. Because if they are back, then so is my dad, and I don't want to see him so soon again. I'm still not over what happened when he abandoned my mom and I. he never even said goodbye.

I couldn't take it so I got up and walked out of sight, then ran to my room and locked the door. I sat down and hugged my knees close together and let the emotions out. The worst part was that I couldn't cry, not for them. They just made me feel empty inside, and that's the hardest part. People think depression is bad because of the sadness, but it's not that bad. I have my lows that are awful but I know they never last long. The emptiness feels like it lasts forever though. After a while I finally fell asleep.

---
A/N:
Ahhh nabong came up so early 😂