48

The bright sun shines through the window and a breeze flies through the room when the door opens

The bright sun shines through the window and a breeze flies through the room when the door opens. I peek through the slit of my eyelids to see Harry entering the room. The sound of his keys jingle as he sets them down. He glances my way as I rub the ache in my head.

"Monique– where's Monique?" I question, looking for her.

"I just dropped her off. She's okay," he tells me, slipping out of his shoes and taking off his jacket. "You on the other hand, you look horrible."

"Thanks Harry, you're such a loving boyfriend." I say sarcastically, leaning against the headboard.

"According to last night, I'm not you're boyfriend. You insisted on breaking up." he reminds me of last night and I rub my eyes. He hands me some water and tosses me a box of aspirin. "I suggest you go to the bathroom first because cleaning up vomit isn't something I'd like to do."

He falls face forward on the bed with his eyes shut. I crawl over him and bend down to his ear.

"You being an asshole got me to where I was last night." I say, lifting myself up.

"Can you hop into the shower as well because you reek of alcohol." he teases and I find one of his shoes, throwing it at him. "I love you too babe."

I shut the bathroom door, making it echo and my head starts pounding. I quickly take the pill and start the shower. The warm water made my muscles relax and I was playing through my thoughts. Parts of last night run through my head, but something specific caught my attention. Did Leslie kiss me? I shake my head, getting ready to get out.

I wrap the towel around me, exiting the room to see Harry in the same position. I search his room for my bag, but I couldn't find it.

"Harry, where's my bag?" I ask, shaking him. He just mumbles and waves me away. "That bag had my clothes in them."

"Just wear something of mine." he says, going back to his sleep.

I groan, looking around and head straight for his dresser. I dig through the drawers, pulling out one of his t-shirts then I go through another drawer to get one of his briefs. I stop in my tracks after lifting one of them. A black velvet box sat there and my eyes widen.

Curiosity beats me and I slowly open it, glancing back to make sure he wasn't awake. A big diamond ring was in the box and I gasp. I quickly drop it back in the drawer, covering it when I hear the bed squeak. Luckily, he was just shifting around and he didn't catch me. I pull on the clothing then fall by his side. He inhales deeply, wrapping his arm around me to pull me closer. He kisses my cheek while keeping his eyes shut.

"I'm sorry, Rylee." he apologizes. "I was an ass last night and I don't ever want you to think a stupid high school game will ever come before you." he says, lightly squeezing me. "I love you, babe."

I run my hand through his hair and kiss his lips. "I love you too." I smile, hugging him as well. "Thanks for taking care of us last night."

"No problem baby," he says, finally opening his eyes to look at me. "I even gave you two the bed while I slept on that chair over there."