Ram

"I'm going to the Sanctuary."

Rem turned and walked back towards the mansion. As she walked towards Oki and Ken they stepped aside for her to walk past.

After defeating the three witch cultists, Rem had found out that they had accidentally let someone escape the mansion a year ago. Rem hoped it was Beatrice, the mansion's former Guardian of the Forbidden Library. The spirit had a vast knowledge of everything's existence. She was the key to finding Rem's Subaru.

From behind her Rem heard Ken yell, "Hey! Wait up!"

Looking behind, Rem saw Oki coming up close and Ken jogging a few feet behind. Rem felt she had taken them far enough, it was too dangerous for them to continue. The forest was filled with monsters and if they were with her they would surely perish.

While Ken may have had the same ice abilities as Rem, he obviously wasn't as used to using them in combat as she was. Rem had practiced for years, preparing to fulfill the promise she made with her sister many years ago; to kill all the witch cultists. None of them deserved to live after what they did to her people, her family, her sister.

"Please do not follow Rem. You will only get hurt or die." Rem showed her concern for the two. They had came with her all the way from Kararagi to support her and when the witch cultists came, Oki didn't back down and Ken incapacitated the lone cultist. They had gained her close trust and friendship. Seeing them die would only hurt her more.

Oki shook his head and stuck his hand out to Rem, "No can do lil lady. I'm not leaving you until I personally see you are back with Subaru." Oki then gave Rem his biggest smile and crossed his arms, "So whether you like it or not Rem, I'm coming."

Rem smiled. To her, Oki was a big man with a big heart. If she knew him better, she might've classified him as her father figure. Rem hugged Oki.

Oki was surprised when he felt Rem hugging his gut. Feeling flustered, he bent down and wrapped one arm around her while the other patted her head. She's just like Sarah.

Rem broke the hug and looked to Ken who was standing off to the side. Ken had been touching the tips of his index fingers together, waiting for the two to stop hugging. Rem addressed him, "Will Ken be coming as well?"

Ken looked at Rem with uncertain eyes, "Of course! I'm already in this deep, why not finishing the rest, right?" Ken tried to convince Rem of his decision by giving her a nervous smile, complete with teeth.

Oki came over to Ken and wrapped and arm around him, rocking him side to side, "Awwwwww.... That's alright, Kenny! You can tell Rem that you'll just miss me if I leave you!"

"That's not my reason ya' big ape!" Ken removed Oki's arm and lightly hit Oki's chest.

Rem wasn't too convinced about Ken's decision, but since Oki was happy about his decision, she was happy too.

Rem looked up to the sky, it was getting dark, "The Sanctuary is just a few miles east of the mansion, if we leave now we'll make it by nightfall." Rem turned and kept walking. When Rem got to the carriage she hopped into the driver's seat, "Rem will drive, is that OK with Ken?"

Ken walked over to the driver's side and waved a hand at Rem, "By all means, go ahead. You're the one that knows the way." Ken saw Oki start to climb into the back and followed him. Opening up the back tarp, Ken signaled for Oki to get out, "Ah ah ah, you're up front big guy. I don't want you drinking anymore of the beer." Oki looked at Ken with a guilty smile. "Out."

Oki exited the carriage and went to sit next to Rem. When Ken was ready to go he knocked the front of the carriage and then Rem whipped the reins. The dragon began to walk forward.