•eleven•

(miya's p.o.v)

"Hey, what's wrong, Mi," Carl asked as I made my way to my locker. He must've noticed I was crying because he had a very concerned look on his face.

"Nothing. Nothing's wrong. I'm fine," I said, kind of rudely. I didn't mean to be rude, it just came out that way.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to upset you," he mumbled. I felt really bad because of how hurt he sounded when he said that.

"No, I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound rude. I just- I- I don't know," I didn't want to tell him what just happened the closet. I don't know if he still feels the same way about me that I do about him.

"It's okay. Everybody has rough days," he says, squeezing my arm and sending me a sincere smile. I sent him one back and grabbed my books for my morning classes.

"Miss Henderson," the principal called my name, causing me to twirl around and meet his eyes.

"Yes, sir," I asked, closing my locker door.

"Come to my office please," he order. I took a deep breathe, wondering what this was about. I gave Carl a look and walked into the principal's office. When I got into the office, there was a girl sitting infront of his desk. I have never seen her before, so she must be new. "Miss Henderson, I'd like you to meet our newest student, Rebekah Freeman."

"Hi, Rebekah. I'm Miya Henderson," I extended my hand out to shake and she gladly excepted. She gave me a shy smile, awkwardly pulling away.

"Mrs. Henderson, I'd like you to show Rebekah around the school, since you were so generous showing Jason Foley around last year," my stomach turned at the sound of his name, but I didn't show any other emotion besides happiness.

"Of course. I'd be glad to, sir," I said, giving him a toothy smile. The first bell rang and the principal handed me a sheet of paper.

"Great, this is Rebekah's schedule. If you could show her around, that would be great." Rebekah and I began to walk out of the office until he stopped me once more. "Oh, and here is a late note for you." I thanked him, taking the late slip and studying Rebekah's shedule.

"So, looks like your first period is History. That's down this hall," I said. She nodded, shyly. "So, Rebekah, where are you from?"

"O-Oh, I'm originally from Ohio, but then I moved to Canada a couple of years ago, and now I'm here in Chicago. Closer to family," she tells me.

"Wow, that's so cool. I've always wanted to go to Canada, actually. Is it nice there," I asked her.

"It's a lot like America. Except, people are nicer there and there's more grass," she told me, giggling at the last part. (a/n: idek if canada is actually like that don't hate on me please lol) I laughed with her.

"That's cool. I moved here about two years ago from my parent's house. I live with my sister now," I told her. She, again, nodded shyly.

We arrived to her history class and stopped by her door.

"Well," I started, "This is your first period class. You can meet me after class and I can walk you to your second period or I can just show you how to get to the rest of your classes on your own right now," I suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good. Easier than meeting you after every period, right," she laughed.

"Right," I agreed, laughing with her. "Second period, Spanish. Right this way."

I showed her to the rest of her classes. She's a really nice girl and very chill, once she gets passed her shyness. I led her back to her first period and then went to English. I had about 15 minutes left of class.