Polarity

The world could've been falling and collapsing around him and even then, it would have all be in the farthest corner of Baekhyun's mind. Time had passed since the call with Kyungsoo ended, but there was something in him that kept him from stepping back inside the restaurant. If he had his way, he would've walked off, away from the damn place, but for what reason?

Walking away and leaving without a word to clear his chaotic mind would've sufficed him, but Baekhyun refused to succumb to such a cowardly move. Crouched down outside, refusing to re-enter the establishment wasn't any less cowardly, but merely less of a dramatic decision.

Time had become something so irrelevant, Baekhyun never realized how long he had been outside until he heard someone calling his name from inside, the voice growing louder and louder the closer the individual got to the entrance. Slowly standing, Baekhyun put the cellular device out of sight, slipping it in one of his back pocket.

Chanyeol stood just outside the door, looking down at the sullen male who kept his face away from him. "Baekhyun."

"What?"

"Are you coming back inside? Why're you out here?" Apologizing to those who were trying to make their way out, Chanyeol bowed his head before stepping outside himself, joining Baekhyun against the restaurant wall. When Baekhyun didn't care to respond, the player's concern did nothing but continue to burn. "Tell me what's wrong--"

"Nothing's wrong," Baekhyun said, cutting him off. Glancing up and meeting the way Chanyeol's eyes were trying to break him down analytically, he pushed his hair back, letting the strands fall wherever they may. "I needed some air... I didn't mean to worry you. I should've gone back in as soon as--"

"You've been out here for ten minutes."

"Right. So let's go back inside, then."

As Baekhyun tried to walk around him, Chanyeol brazenly threw his arm out, keeping the brunet from walking back in. "Did he say something that upset you?"

"Yes." It was said bluntly. Baekhyun didn't spare any curiosities left unsatisfied. "He did."

The way he shook Chanyeol's hand off, briskly and coldy, started a feeling so displeasing in the pit of the giant's stomach. "Do you want to talk to me?"

"No... I don't." Baekhyun looked at him for the first time, eyes clouded with disappointment and a faint glint of sadness. "There's nothing to talk about."

Chanyeol pursed his lips. "Well, there has to be. You look upset."

"Maybe because you're--" Immediately after the words slipped out, Baekhyun brought his hand to his lips. He drew his eyes back down. "Nevermind. Jihoon and the others are wondering where we are."

Baekhyun had the slight expectation that the other would follow, but when he looked back, Chanyeol hadn't moved from his spot. It was discouraging. He didn't have the desire to talk any further, but the latter seemed to have no motivation to walk with him. Wretched from his initial decision, Baekhyun turned back for the athlete.

"Chanyeol, I don't know how drunk you are right now, but we need to go back inside--"

"He said he likes Papa Roach... Listens to Seether and all of that. Dabbles in Drowning Pool some days, other times in Metallica." With his shoulders slumped, Chanyeol avoided the way Baekhyun tried to meet his eyes. "Guy has tattoo sleeves on both arms. I don't doubt there's some on his body. He said he's also part of a band... Wears the same stuff you do, likes the same music you do... And then there's me."

Baekhyun couldn't breathe. It felt like he was an animal, cornered by multiple preys. He felt ambushed by Kyungsoo, the rumors, and Chanyeol's jealous insecurities.