Shots

Baekhyun didn't seem to notice much of Chanyeol and Sehun's absence as Kris took his attention by asking him casual questions. To this, Baekhyun replied with ease. Kris had asked about what happened last night and Baekhyun plainly told him. The details were kid-friendly in the beginning, but as the details became more detailed, Kyungsoo stepped in—on purpose—with food in order to stop the brunet from giving Kris any details Chanyeol wouldn't have wanted him to know.

After ten minutes or so, Sehun came out of the basement with Chanyeol following behind him. As he sat down, Baekhyun glanced over at him to see if there were any signs of fighting that may have happened below ground, but Sehun looked perfectly fine. When the blond caught him looking, Baekhyun smiled before turning his attention to Chanyeol, who took a seat to his left.

Breakfast wasn't too completely awkward for the house guest. Kris didn't mind the fact that Baekhyun would sometimes shoulder bump him in order to get away from Chanyeol trying to hit him on his side where he was ticklish. He also didn't mind how Baekhyun accidentally mistook his feet as Chanyeol's for a second and played footsies with him. The mistake, though, earned him a glare from his boss. And even though Kris wasn't very affected by the hate being sent his way, he still kindly retracted his feet far enough from Baekhyun to avoid another misunderstanding.

Nugget had finished eating and spent his time under the table. He stared at his dad's game with Chanyeol and tried to join in, but was gently pushed away by Chanyeol when the pup interfered. With nothing else to do, Nugget moved over to Kris and stuck out his tongue, flicking the house guest's foot.

Baekhyun found himself in the same situation he was in weeks prior when Kris first visited.

After everything was put away, Chanyeol found Baekhyun sitting in the laundry room slowly organizing the clothes that were to be washed that day. Pulling Baekhyun off the floor, Chanyeol then informed him of the situation.

The fact that Chanyeol had to limit their time together again didn't bother Baekhyun very much. Coming from a house where his dad was almost always working, letting Chanyeol go for a few hours a day didn't seem like much of a bad bargain.

Standing on his toes, he quickly kissed the giant before smiling and wishing him good luck. Before Chanyeol left Baekhyun to resume with his work again, Baekhyun kindly reminded him to keep the math simple because complexity wasn't always necessary.

-

-

"So," Kris started as he looked through a small stack of papers spread on Chanyeol's table, "what're these applications for?" After eyeing the job description, Kris raised a brow as Chanyeol sat down in his seat. "You're going to hire a second maid?"

"Already did," Chanyeol said as he sighed and picked up a pen. "I did a phone and video interview with the ones I was thinking about, but one of them stood out to me. He should be here in a few days."

"He..."

"No offense to the female gender, but Baekhyun's lazy ass has been doing a lot better than all my other house maids," Chanyeol stated. He spun in his chair a few times before he noticed the look Kris was giving him. "Do you have a problem?"

"Just a question, actually," Kris said as he cocked his head. "What about Byun? Does he know that you've been philandering with other maids?"

Blowing a breath, Chanyeol shook his head. "I'll tell him later..."

"Nothing good comes from procrastinating," Kris hummed as he walked over to the large table and set down the folder containing pieces of their assignment. "Being the CEO of a company, you should know better."