19

"How about we go explore the forest over there?!"

Everyone in the room looks at him like he had finally lost his mind. Especially Yoongi who now starts judging his whole life with an annoyed expression.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Taehee voices out, breaking the wall of silence in the living room.

"Why not?" He pouts -one of his tactics on convincing her.

"The previous owner told me to be careful of wild animals. We should listen, who knows what's out there." Taehyung is obviously not giving up before he gets what he wants. A genius idea pops up in his head when Jimin jumps onto the couch, plopping himself onto Taehee's lap.

"Jimin must know his way around, right? He lived in the forest before!"

Then, everyone in the room turns to look at Jimin. Suddenly becoming the center of attention, he becomes more alert and has his ears perked.

"Right, Jimin? You know your way around the forest, right?" The fox nods hesitantly, eyes not leaving the male.

" See! I told you! Maybe Jimin can even show us where he lived before!" The brunette tries to convince everyone, but mainly Taehee.

Because once she agrees, everyone else would agree too.

"Taehee~ please?" Taehyung goes all out, using his aegyo skills and puppy-like expression -to which she finally gives in.

Who could resist his charm anyway?

He jumps around and cheers while everyone else just stared. Jimin is starting to get anxious as he slowly grasps the information.

Going into the forest again... what if we bump into mother?

He knows what his mother is capable of. And he also knows her well enough to recognize her hatred for humans.

If she finds them, things are not going to end up pretty.

He rubs his paw against his nose in frustration. Shouldn't have admitted that I know the way.

"Come on, Jimin. Let's go prepare." Taehee coos, lightly caressing him. He nods and jumps off her, going straight into her bedroom with her trailing behind him. As Taehee changes her clothes, Jimin looks around and gathers as many sharp and weapon-like objects as he can. He chooses carefully, picking them up and placing them in the living room.

Everyone had their jaws dropped when they all returned to the living room to see the amount of equipment he had collected.

Hammers, knives, a saw, a pitchfork, and many, many forks.

"How the hell did he even bring them here?" Yoongi gapes at the piled up weapons.

Jimin just sat innocently beside the pile as he looks at everyone. He is totally against the idea and the risks of seeing his mother, but if Taehee wants to, he would be willing to comply and protect her at all costs.

Because she made me feel things I've never felt before.

__

They all follow closely behind Jimin as they enter the forest. The fox is careful. He had chosen the path where his mother would least likely appear at. As they move deeper into the forest, everyone starts getting more and more anxious.

Jungkook's fingers tighten around the pitchfork, Yoongi held the knives closer to himself, and Taehyung raised his hammer, preparing himself in case of an ambush. The three males and the fox surrounds Taehee protectively. Everyone followed Jimin quietly, curious on what kind of place he had in mind.

After a terribly long journey, Yoongi was about to start complaining when the fox halts in his place, eyes on the opening of the forest before him. Taehee slightly tilts her head and moves forward, only to let out a low gasp.

Right before her eyes is a cliff that introduces her to the rest of the island. How the color green of the forest stretches, and how the light brown and blue of the beach accompanies it just makes it even more mesmerizing.

Jimin lightly tugs on Taehee's jeans, wanting her to sit down so he could curl up on her lap -which he finds very comforting. She did, and soon, everyone follows suit. Jungkook had seated himself next to her. His body is facing the currently setting sun, but his eyes are trained on her.

In Jungkook's point of view, she's like an angel.

Her jaw is hung loose, leaving her mouth slightly opened as her eyes sparkle, reflecting the goldish-red sun. The mild sunlight shone on her face, making her face glow softly. The light breeze caresses her hair. Gently blowing it, making it dance along with the rhythm of the grass and leaves.

At this moment, all his doubts are gone. Erased, as he couldn't be surer that he had fallen head over heels for the girl sitting beside him.

He quickly snaps his head away, his face turns beet red when she turns to look at him. His heart rate increases tremendously when she reaches out to press the back of her palm against his forehead.

"Jungkook? Are you okay? You're sweating so much, and you're really red." She is genuinely concerned, which makes him happy but flustered at how close she is to him. He gently takes hold of her hand and removes it from his forehead.

"I'm fine! I guess I'm just tired from the walk, I just need some rest." He stutters, lips quivering from the nervousness as he smiles. She smiles back at him and nods, later turning back to the sun.

Jimin noticed. He silently observes the man as Taehee gently caresses his orange fur. Jungkook's breathing is irregular, and he has his palm pressed against his chest as he tries to calm himself down from God knows what.

Hoseok's words come flashing back into his mind.

When a human loves another human, it means that they want to be with that human forever, and have children, and grow old together. And also, when that person is close by, they're going to start getting really red, and their heart is going to start beating really fast.  

So that means they love each other.

As the breeze grows stronger, he presses his cheek harder against Taehee's stomach. An uncomfortable feeling stirs up in his chest as he keeps his eyes on Jungkook, who is rubbing his arms, trying to collect some warmth for himself.

Just then, his nose picks up a faint, familiar scent.

The awfully familiar scent that he wants to avoid so badly. The scent that makes him feel so uncomfortable when he should be feeling the exact opposite.

Oh, shoot.