Isaac; On A Break

don't forget to vote and leave a comment

***

There was a loud knock on the door and your heart jumped as you began trotting down the stairs. You quickly fixed your shirt and tucked a stray piece of hair behind your ear. Inhaling deeply, you opened the front door.

"Hey." Isaac said rather nervously. You smiled at him and nodded your head, stepping aside and allowing him to walk in. As soon as he was in you closed the door.

"How've you been?" You asked, tilting your head up quite a bit just to look at him. You had forgotten how tall he was compared to you.

"Good." He simply responded, averting his eyes away from you for a second.

"That's great." You said, followed by a long moment of silence. It seemed that after three months of being apart, there was nothing for the both of you to talk about.

You looked down towards your sneakers, and when you looked up, Isaac was staring at you. You opened your mouth to say something, but Isaac's lips had then crashed against yours. You didn't hesitate, didn't think twice about kissing him back. You had missed him so much.

You gasped a little as your back collided with the front door, Isaac's lips moving down from yours and towards your neck.

"Wait, Isaac!" You tried pushing him away. When he realized that you had told him to stop, he looked at you with questioning eyes.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing, it's just, my mom could be home any minute. We should go upstairs." You told him.

He mouthed a small 'oh' before his lips curled into a smile. He took your hand and began walking up the stairs.

As soon as you were both inside your bedroom, you closed the door and locked it; you couldn't risk anyone walking in on you and Isaac making out.

Isaac was already sitting on your bed with his back against the headboard, waiting.

You walked over to him and climbed on top of him so that you were straddling his lap.

"I missed you so much." He smiled, his gaze fixated on your lips as his hands found their way to your hips.

"I missed you too." You quickly said before kissing him again. Isaac's lips felt warm and soft against yours; You had been longing for the feeling ever since the night of the day you two had decided to take a break.

You left wet kisses down to his jaw and then to his neck. Isaac's hands remained on your waist, his grip tightening whenever you kissed the sensitive spot below his ear.

You continued kissing, and sucking gently at the skin of his neck, feeling against your bare shoulder as heavy breaths escaped his mouth.

Your hands tangled themselves in Isaac's short, curly hair. "Allison." Isaac moaned. You stopped.

You leaned back, eyebrows furrowed. Isaac's eyes widened when he saw your expression and remembered what he had just said.

"Allison?" You questioned, placing a strand of hair behind your ear.

"Y/N. I meant to say Y/N." He covered his face with his hand and tilted his head back against the headboard.

"Oh, really?" You scoffed, standing up from the bed. You walked towards your bedroom window before whirling your body around to face Isaac, who was now sitting with his head in his hands. You stared him for several moments, your mind filled with a hundred thoughts. Then, everything faded and you gasped. "D-Did you- Did you hook up with Allison while we were apart?"

"N-No, Y/N-" He looked up, but you cut him off.

"Oh my- You did! Allison? As in my best friend Allison!" You raised your voice. Isaac jumped up from the bed, his height towering over yours.

"Y/N, listen to m-" Again, you interrupted him.

"I can't believe it. I can't believe you!" You yelled.

"Y/N we broke up!" He raised his voice to be heard over your constant rambling.

You kept quiet and stared at him. "Broke up? We didn't break up Isaac!"

"Yes we did!"

"We were on a break. There's a difference!" You just looked at him in disbelief.

"There's no difference," he scoffed, "how is there a difference?"

"I told you we should take a break! Not forever, just so that I could have some time to focus on myself and my studies! I asked for three months, that doesn't mean we're over! I can't believe you would go and sleep with my best friend- multiple times I'm sure. All I needed was some time alone Isaac. I love you so much, you're my biggest distraction. That's why I just needed time to focus." You felt the urge to cry, but your anger was consuming you.

Isaac's face softened, he stayed silent as his mind registered all of your words. "O-Oh, I-I didn't know that there's a difference."

"Doesn't matter now." You shook your head. You walked towards your door, unlocked and opened it. Isaac took that as his cue to leave the room.

You followed him down the stairs and unlocked the front door. He walked out, but stopped and turned around to face you.

"Does this mean that we're breaking up, for good?" He asked, his voice laced with guilt. You ignored his question.

"Goodbye Isaac." You greeted and slammed the door shut.

Without even realizing it, your tears began to fall. You were heartbroken by the fact that Isaac slept with somebody else, but what broke you the most was that it was your best friend.

You stood by the window and watched as Isaac hesitated on whether he should knock on the door or not. After a long while, he lowered his hand, let out a heavy sigh and made his way down the front porch steps.

You watched him as he drove away. Seeing his car disappear around the corner was enough to make you drop to the floor and sob loudly. You couldn't believe what he had done.