16. Alien Seducion

"Not again," Andie groaned.

For the second... third time? Andie threw up in front of the hottest alien/creature/guy ever in the known universe and beyond. "I'm so sorry." The acrid odor of regurgitated red wine did not have any sort of aphrodisiacal qualities; Andie was fairly certain.

"What are you doing here, Andromeda?" said Oliver, clenching his jaw, and sadly ... his towel. The vomit disappeared from the sheet along with the scent. Thank god. Magic hankies and now magic sheets. His eyes sparked electric blue. Was he angry? At her? Maybe he had already heard of Talia's treachery. After all, it wasn't as if Andie wanted to be here. Okay, maybe she did since this is where her stupid traitorous brain took her. The relocation was Bad Andie's fault. Andie recalled her shift in concentration right before she Wormholed. The trollop was gaining too much power.

"You can thank me later," purred bad Andie. "Will you look at that towel? I'd say Mr. Hot Alien Man is happy to see us.

"Stop it. You got your way. I'm here, naked in his sheets. Now let me concentrate so he doesn't think I'm a lunatic who talks to herself inside her head."

"You're lucky I even bother talking to you. Of all the brains I had to hang out in, it had to be yours—most boring person alive."

"That's pretty laughable, given the circumstances. Now leave. He's wrinkling his forehead, trying to decide if I'm crazy."

"Make sure you do that thing when you touch his ..."

"QUIET!"

To spite Bad Andie, Andie tugged the duvet up to her neck. "Where have you been all night? I've been trying to call. Talia tried to attack me again."

"She what? Are you okay? I was searching for her," he said. "May I ask how you got into my house?"

"I did a test Wormholing run from my bathtub and planned to go to my bed. I accidentally ended up here. Hey, is that a tree behind you?" Glowing glass balls the size of grapefruits, hung from the branches of a fifteen-foot evergreen that seemed to grow out of the floor. There was something almost alive moving inside each ball-shaped ornament, but Andie couldn't make out exactly what it was. Oliver didn't seem like the Christmas tree in August kind of guy. Surreptitiously, she scanned the bedroom for a collection of house cats.

"Are you insane?"

"I'm not the one with the Christmas tree in my bedroom. Tonight has been crazy thanks to your fiancé, who tricked me into going to the beach alone, tried to blow up Sterling's airplane, and then kidnap me. On top of that, it turns out my mother's dog can predict the future, and is that tree actually growing out of the carpet?" The dark room made it hard to tell.

"She is not my fiancé. You could have been killed. It takes an Amu years to perfect Wormholing. It is a miracle you survived. Did you say, Talia tried to kidnap you and blow up Sterling's plane?"

"Yeah. Nice girl. Or devil's spawn or whatever she is."

"I must go immediately and deal with her."

Andie's heart sank. Sure, she wanted Talia to be strung up by her fingernails and flogged (fully dressed), but did he have to do it right now? And what exactly did he mean by "deal with?"

"Sorry I bothered you."

"What do you mean?"

"Look. Coming here was an accident. I meant to go to my bed, and I ended up in yours."

"Accidentally?"

"As I said."

"You should not be here—especially naked. I can see you want me, Andromeda. But it is not possible for us to be together."