letter 1

Dear Mama and Papa,

I'm not sure how I wanted to start this. I wrote this letter a thousand times and I know it'll be the hardest one I'll write.

It's okay to cry when I'm gone but don't be sad forever. I'll miss you guys the most and I know you'll miss me. I know you love me regardless.

I love you. I want you to know that I love you and that I'm sorry.

I was happy. You gave me such a wonderful childhood, filled with so many beautiful memories. I like to think back on them when times get tough.

I'm sorry you have to see me later on. The doctors told me how I'll end up. I'll need tubes for everything and I won't be able to breathe on my own soon. I'm sorry you will ever have to see me like that.

I don't blame you so don't blame yourselves. There's was nothing we could have done. This is just how things are supposed to be.

I'm going to try my hardest to love the time that I was given. I'm going to try my hardest to live longer than what was intended for me.

I'm so grateful for you and to you. You gave me a life worth living.

Don't be sad when I'm gone. I'll always be with you and I'd hate to think you were sad because of me. I want you to be happy and live a long life! So when I'm gone be sure to take care of each other and say 'I love you' every day! I'll be watching from the stars so you better do it!

I'll never ever be truly gone. Remember that. You taught me to leave lasting impressions on the people I met and the places I've been. Maybe you'll find me here and there. So I'll keep living even when I'm not there.

And if you ever doubt it, if you ever need a reminder, take a deep breath and feel your heartbeat. I'm there. Find me in the happy moments and the laughter shared between people. Find me in the sad moments and the tearful embraces of people.

Eat the sweetest cake, stay up late just to spend time with each other, and laugh so hard you cry. I want you to keep living. Even though I'm dead, you don't have to be. I'm ending, but you're not so don't ever forget that.

You need to keep living. You need to live for me.

There's so much more I could say but I'm afraid there's not enough paper in the world. I'll end it on a happy note so we're both not sad.

I love you. I can't ever say or convey it enough. I love you both so much.

Always,
Marinette.

P.S. Check on Adrien and Alya from time to time. I worry about what will happen after I'm gone.