Chapter Forty Three

"So you're Brad and he's Chad?" I ask for the second time making conversation and sipping on a cup of strong liquor, all while staring up at the twin who had his hand over my shoulder.

"Yes," he replies smiling at me, "and you're Secret and your friend over there is Phoebe?" He questions.

"Yeah," I reply with a chuckle.

Phoebe was busy conversing with Chad. She was cheery and flirting as only Phoebe would be.

Brad spoke but I didn't hear a word of it. My mind was in a different universe and even when it wasn't I was too engrossed by everything happening around us. The music played loudly, and there were endless whoops and cheers.

"Do you want to dance?" He repeats louder for me to hear.

"Ah sure," I respond a bit awkwardly.

We joined the thick crowd dancing and danced along to the music and the crowd only grew thicker. Phoebe was dancing with Chad and the flirting between the two didn't stop. Mid dance I glanced across the room and saw Emmett watching. I couldn't really tell if he was watching me or just watching. Brad and I partied for near over an hour drinking and talking and dancing then repeating the process.

I felt a little hot yet a little cold and my legs were slowly starting to ache from all the dancing. The music played loudly while everyone partied away and gyrating with cups in hand and the smell of liquor and fumes strong in their noses.

For a minute I forgot what I was supposed to be doing, hunting down that jackass Blade and stealing back my cellphone. He hadn't materialized all night and I doubt whether he'd show. But why wouldn't he? This was a great opportunity to ruin my night, even I had to admit. With the mention of ruining my night, Adam and Brett appeared in the crowd. Adam's eyes lingered when he saw me and I continued dancing and pretended as if I didn't know him. I grinned when I saw him scoff and turned away and headed somewhere where I could no longer see him. Phoebe slipped over to me and grinned still partying.

"Behind you to the left," she calls, "have a look."

I looked over my shoulder and spotted three boys through the crowd against the wall. I stopped dancing and almost tripped and Blade chuckled.

"Been watching you for a while now," Phoebe adds.

The asshole had been here all along and I didn't even notice. Luka and Jude were busy chatting to each other and entertaining two girls they probably had just met. Someone moved into the way blocking Blade from view and I moved forward for no reason. I caught sight of him his head a few inches over the nearest people. For a second I thought I saw him gesture before he walked along the side of the wall.

"Are you okay?" Brad calls and I jumped.

"Yeah," I call back to him, "I'll be back in a bit," I add frowning and making my way through the crowd.

Emmett's house was beyond packed and from the looks of it I bet the front yard was too. I weaved through the crowd avoiding knocking into anyone and spilling any liquor. I reached the end near the door and I saw Blade leaned against the door jam waiting. He smiled when he saw me approaching and my jaw twitched.

"You came," his husky voice says.

"Did I have a choice?"

"You always have a choice sweetling," he replies with a smirk.

I scowled as he tilted his head to the side and we walked to a section that was vacant.

"Enjoying the party?" He asks.

I gave him an annoyed look accompanied by an eyeroll.

"I was before you ruined it."

He gave a boyish grin.