2

Landon^

Adora

Alessandra King was almost a little bit too welcoming, if that was even possible.

She wasn't willing to be brash or coarse, as her husband was. She wasn't willing to mouth off, as her husband was.

She was almost a kind of secretive that not many people could detect.

And I never had anything against secretive. I was secretive.

But she was hiding something, and her pretty personality was hiding it for her.

"And Santiago doesn't stay around much," Alessandra said, swiping me out of my thoughts, "when he is home, he's usually with the boys or in his office."

"I understand that. I feel like he's going to stay in his office a bit more, now that I'm around."

She just smiled. "What makes you say that?"

"Well, your husband isn't necessarily a charmer. No offense, but he's kinda frightening."

She let out a laugh, shaking her head. "I promise, he'll turn into the biggest teddy bear you've ever met. Once he gets to know you, I mean."

I couldn't help but to cautiously fiddle my thumbs in my lap.

"My husband isn't for everybody," she said, "he begged me last night to not hire you."

I was genuinely struck by her comment. "I really don't want to be a b-"

"Sweetie," she said, resting her hand on mine, "you've just got to warm up to him. He doesn't think we need a... what is it in Spanish?"

"A niñera?"

"Right. A niñera," she said, the Spanish rolling off of her tongue perfectly.

She looked down at her diamond watch, smiling down at me. "I have an errand to run, the boys are yours for about two hours. Santiago's coming home soon, if you need anything."

I just nodded my head with a smile. "I'll be here."

She just smiled at me. "Take it easy on yourself."

I watched as she grabbed her bag, which just so happened to be an original Louis Vuitton bag. She opened the door and slid her sunglasses on her face. "Call if you need anything!"

The large door slammed and I winced, but smiled to myself when I realized the house was mine while the boys were sleeping.

I leaned back on the sofa and turned on the television, crossing one leg over the other.

My phone then dinged alerting me that I received a text.

[From: Alessandra King]
I forgot to tell you but their schedule and such is on the kitchen counter for you.

[To: Alessandra King]
Okay, thank you so much.

I got up and went to the kitchen to look for the twins' schedule. It was in the counter just like I was told, along with a silver credit card. I picked up the schedule, and saw it wasn't that long. I was definitely expecting more from the richest family in Seattle, but instead, it was just a list of rules and things to do.