Chapter 13

Reece had been avoiding me for the past three days now and I was starting to get annoyed. I wasn't trying to be nosy or anything, I just didn't understand why he would go through something like that every week for money.

Now, the only time I would see him was when he was making out with somebody, when he was with his friends, or when he was sleeping in class. But he always managed to duck out of the room before I could reach him.

After the final bell rang, I met up with my friends while scanning the halls for his face. I frowned when I saw him with his arm slung over some girl's shoulder as he led her outside.

"Let's do something tonight," Aria suggested. "It's Friday night and for once I don't have to babysit."

And that's when my brilliant plan hit me. I think I'll call this one, 'Corner Reece and demand to know what the hell his problem was'. Ah yes, the perfect name for the perfect plan.

"I have a place we can go," I told them. "We can go to my house, have dinner, get dressed and go."

Aria shrugged. "Cool, so where is it?"

I shook my head. "It's a surprise."

Renee crossed her arms and rose an eyebrow. "I hate surprises."

"Well you'll love this one. Now come on, let's go," I said as I pulled them out to my car.

"Look, Jason, she's back to normal," one of Logan's basketball mates said as we walked into the living room.

"Yeah? And what's wrong with normal?" Renee called over.

The boy shrugged. "It's boring, and obviously less attractive," he said as he looked at me again.

Logan smacked him on the back of the head. "Watch it," he warned. I smiled.

"Come on, let's go upstairs," I said as I pulled Renee and Aria away.

"You ok?" Renee asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, I don't care what those dumb asses say about me."

"Ok," she said as she plopped down on my bed and put on some music.

I went straight to my closet and shuffled through my clothes. I pulled out a black pair of skinny jeans, a bright blue tank top, and a leather jacket. I pulled out another pair of skinny jeans and a tank top for Aria.

"What are these for?" Aria asked after I threw them at her face.

"I told you it is a surprise. And you can't go wearing a sundress and jean jacket," I told her.

Once we were dressed and had something to eat, we made our way downstairs.

"Where are you guys going?" Logan asked.

"Skating," I lied.

"Skating? That's the surpri-OWW!" Aria yelled as I stepped backwards onto her foot.

I turned to face her. "Sorry, I didn't know your foot was there," I said as I looked her straight in the eye. Apparently, my telepathic message worked because she shut up.

"It's ok, now let's go. I wanna get there before all the good skates get taken," she said playing along.

"Bye Logan!" I called over my shoulder as we headed out the door.

"Ok, now tell us where we are really going," Aria demanded.

I sighed. "Alright. We are going to a club," I told them as I pulled out of the driveway and onto the road.