7

"Bad Liar" by Selena Gomez

Violet pov

I stripped off my clothes and started digging in my bag for something yellow....again.

That outfit seemed to be the only one I had.

Defeated I sat down on my bed, lying across it like a starfish in only my undies.

I slowly mind-linked my sister.

Viola does you by chance have something yellow I could borrow?

Her reply can almost instantaneously," yes love in my room...hurry up you already so damn late the pack grounds are so full.

I blew out a huff of air. Before walking out my door. If everyone was on the grounds there should be no one in the packhouse, right?

I made my way down the hall to my sister's room. I cracked open her wardrobe and pulled out a pale yellow sundress.

This shall do

I pulled it over my body. And turned to face Viola's mirror. Quickly I braided my hair and slipped on one of her strappy flip flops.

I hurried out of her room, but I never made it far as my body collided with another.

I looked up, half excepting to see an unknown face but was shockingly surprised to see the same eyes of Alpha Xander. The same mysterious piercing green eyes.

Immediately I dropped my head and apologized." Sorry Alpha Xander I am in a rush."

"Xander." His husky voice spoke. It was a sexy husky voice, not the kind you hear when a person smoked too many packs of cigarettes.

"I am sorry alpha?" I reply not really hearing him over the sound of my rushing heart beat.

"You can just call me Xander."

I nodded and walked next to him to the grounds, I kept at least two ruler lengths between us as we made our way. I did not want to get in trouble again. My life here in the north really sucked, from finding a mate who is crazy...a stupid folklore where I end up dead and now an extremely powerful Alpha wants me to call him by his name near my apparently possessive not so real by real mate.

Anyway, me being a hormonal teenager, caused me to sneak glances at Xander as we walked down to the grounds. His brown hair was styled perfectly, with his deep red roots barely starting to show, he had on a pale yellow shirt that matched the color of my dress. His top was tucked into deep black jeans all being topped off with a midnight black watch.

We made our way outside to where the branding ceremony was held.

"My pack, thank you for joining here again as we welcome your delta female Brielle," Ian's voice boomed through the land even louder than the cheering for Brie.
"She, unfortunately, will not be marked as a member of our pack as she is a sub heir to the Mountain Range pack."

Ian cleared his throat, his eyes searched the crowd until it landed on me. He gave me a slight nod before speaking again.

This is it! He is going to make us his Luna. My wolf yelped.

Hope was jumping around within me, building up my butterflies and excitement.

"My pack your Luna --Aimee Lee Olsen."