eleven

"just do your work," taehyung ordered without tearing his eyes away from the paper, one hand busy writing continuously and the other holding his copy of romeo and juliet

jungkook pouted, burying his face back into taehyung's pillow. he's been attempting to strike up an interesting conversation with taehyung for the past hour since no matter how hard he tried, he still couldn't get a single word down onto his paper. also, boredom was inevitably eating away at him.

every time he glanced over at taehyung's paper, he mentally groaned because the older was scribbling down sentence after sentence at the speed of light. in fact, jungkook has been wondering if taehyung was perhaps a girl in his past life to be able to write down things in a woman's perspective that fast.

"taeee," jungkook soon called out, voice muffled in taehyung's pillow that smelled of fresh strawberries and a dash of vanilla. how befitting of him, he thought.

"what?" taehyung responded in a flat tone, once again not bothering to even peek at the other male in the room.

"help meee," the black-haired teen whined, removing his head from the pillow as he waved his paper around in the air in random movements.

"i'm busy, jungkook," taehyung retorts, briefly looking away from his work to brush away the stray purple locks casting over his eyes. "maybe if you actually stopped to figure out how you're supposed to do it, instead of complaining all afternoon, you'd realize that this is already a very easy project and that you don't need help whatsoever," he let out before he could stop himself, but he was too concentrated to reconsider his words.

jungkook immediately frowned at that and decided to shut his mouth at last, huffing and shoving his face into taehyung's pillow to hide how hurt he was.

the elder sighed after a few whole minutes of silence — yet, jungkook hasn't uttered out anything. despite not wanting to admit it, it felt quite foreign to not having jungkook bugging him every five seconds.

"jeon," taehyung finally says, slowly setting his pencil and shakespeare play down. carefully getting up from his chair, he walked over to the side of his bed and stared down at the motionless figure underneath his fluffy, pastel purple blanket. "hey jerk," he says again, but receives no answer. letting out another sigh, he moves his hand over to the younger's shoulder, shaking him lightly. "jungkook, if you don't get up in three, i'm going to forcefully drag you out of my bed."

"one,"

"two,"

"three—"

taehyung yelps when a hand wraps itself around his wrist, abruptly causing him to lurch forward and fall onto the mattress right beside jungkook.

feeling a familiar warm feeling bloom on his cheeks when he registers the situation he was in, he looks at the other in shock, limbs tensed. "what are you—"

turning his head sideways so that he could properly see the older male, jungkook casually grins tiredly and uses his free hand to move taehyung's body closer to his own due to the fact that taehyung would probably slide off the small bed if he made just one subtle action.

"go to sleep," jungkook states, throwing a quick smile at the flustered lad next to him.

taehyung felt weird, being told to do something as simple as going to sleep in his own house by someone else. but as he watches jungkook struggling to keep his eyes open whilst his long eyelashes fluttered gently against his cheekbones, taehyung finds himself reluctantly drifting off to slumber as well.

i guess the project can wait.

as jungkook's eyelids fell, taehyung somehow found the confidence to cautiously lift up his hand to brush away the fringe that fell across the ravenette's forehead.

"why are you such a jerk?" taehyung mumbled halfheartedly and then lowered his hand back down.

however, jungkook, unbeknownst to taehyung, was still barely awake the entire time. chuckling softly, his sudden reply made taehyung's heart skip a beat.

"only your jerk."