Chapter 29

Luke pinned my arms to my side, making me squeal. He was putting all of his weight onto me as a thrashed around under him. I managed to get my arms loose and push him to the side and kicking his legs off of mine.

"No!" He shouted, a short grunt followed after as his back hit the floor. "I always win these!" He was now tangled in a blanket, his feet and ankles caught which I used to my advantage and laid on his back, making sure he couldn't move. I silently counted to three, letting me know that I had won a round of play fighting.

"I win!" I shouted, hopping off of him and clapping. He loudly groaned, rolling onto his back and staring up at the ceiling, both of our chests rising and falling rapidly.

"I let you win." He smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him and I crouched down, tapping my chin a few times as if I was deep in thought. I sighed and put a hand on his shoulder.

"You just got your ass kicked by a girl." I easily said. He was about to pounce on me again, but was stopped by the sound of his mom calling him from the top of his basement stairs.

"Coming." He groaned, getting back to his feet. "I'm an adult and still get lectured by my parents." He let out a sigh as he went near the stairs.

"How do you know you're about to get lectured?" I questioned, sitting up and crossing my legs.

"Because then they would've come downstairs." He rolled his eyes, climbing the stairs and leaving me down on the couch by myself.

"Right." I mumbled, picking up my phone and aimlessly scrolling through it. I fell on my back, pulling one of his fleece blankets that laid on the arm of the chair over my legs.

I patiently sat for about 10 minutes, waiting for Luke to come back down. I checked the end of the stairs every few minutes, but the sound of him practically stomping down the steps caught my attention.

I sat on my elbows, watching Luke rub his extremely pink face, collapsing onto me with no word. I let out a short groan from the sudden weight as he buried his face into my shoulder. I fell to my back again, placing my elbows on his shoulders and continuing to scroll through my phone. He peered up at me once, catching my attention to his hidden face.

"What'd they lecture you about?" I asked, quietly laughing at his state of dissatisfaction. He sighed and looked up at me, collapsing back onto my chest.

"Safe sex." He mumbled, his cheeks turning red again.

"What?" I traced my fingers across his shoulders and down his back as i chuckled at his statement, trying to get him to perk up.

"My mom found a condom wrapper in the back pocket of my jeans when she did my laundry." He explained. My face burned for him, or for his luck.

"Oh my God, that's so embarrassing." I replied, watching as he shifted to my side and clung onto me.

"Tell me about it. She nearly came down here and talked to you about getting on some pill." He muttered. I instantly pulled away from his body, a pang of fear running through me.

"Why did she think it was me?!" I nearly shouted.

"She's known I've liked you since the summer." He shrugged his shoulders as he obviously hadn't seen it as a big of deal as I did.

"But you didn't tell her we did, did you?" I nervously ran a hand through my hair, glancing down to our tangled legs stuck in the small space.

"Well, no, not really." He stammered. "My parents already has suspicions of us and that kind of gave it away." He let out another sigh, this time against my skin, causing me to feel relaxed for a moment.