Hazard Lights

...

... ow.

...

What...? ... What happened?

Muffled noises rang in my ears and I became vaguely aware of someone shaking me.

...

Stop, that hurts...

Groggily, I cracked an eyelid, uncertain what was happening, unaware where I even was to begin with. It was dark for the most part, but I could see shadows and even some faces. The first one I saw, I knew very well from my dreams.

"Rin! Rin! Can you hear me?!" Her voice was frantic and I slowly shook myself out of my fog. "Rin! Hurry up, c'mon!" She was tugging on my arm, but I was too tired to move, and my body ached everywhere.

"Shima! Wake the fuck up, I'm not joking!" It was the first time I'd heard Bon sound so angry, but so scared. I blinked and opened my eyes wider, my hearing adjusting as well.

"Wha... what?" I glanced around, one of my eyes unable to open fully. Reaching up, I rubbed said eye, hissing when I irritated it even worse. Pullin my hand away, I was startled by the faint red tint to the liquid smeared on my hand. I was bleeding, what the hell happened?!

There was a racket and the lights turned on in the van, Yukio had kicked open the driver's side door and was desperately trying to pull open Izumo's door from outside. A quick look around had me both startled and terrified. A car crash... everything suddenly came back to me and I reached down to unbuckle my seatbelt, but the damn thing wouldn't let me go. With frightened eyes, well, eye, I darted my gaze to my friends.

Izumo, like me, was caught in her seatbelt. Shiemi was free from hers, but between me and Izumo, she had no way out. A small cut on her forehead bled a little, and she seemed shaken, but overall she was fine. Shura crawled over the center console; grabbing Shiemi by the arm and pulling her out of Yukio's door as well.

Frantic, my eyes moved back to the seats behind me. Bon was struggling, just like Izumo and I, and Koneko looked like he was on the verge of passing out. More worrisome, was Shima's slumped posture against Bon, his eyes closed. After a moment, Suguro gave a victory cry, finally prying his seat belt off of him. He gave me a quick look before turning his attention to Shima. "Dude, wake the fuck up," he smacked him, "now is the wrong fucking time."

My eyes wandered over to Koneko, then up to the driver's seat, then back to the small boy. "Koneko, can you move?" He shot me a panicked look, but nodded. "Can you crawl over the seats?" He looked around and nodded once more. I pointed to the only open door, "get yourself out of here, okay?" His eyes widened and he paused for a moment. "It's okay, we should be fine." Should. He nodded and stepped over the seat where Shiemi once was, his knees wobbling.

Once he was safely out of the vehicle, I turned my attention to Izumo, who was trying to shimmy her way out from under the straps. I reached over and pulled on the bottom strap, allowing her a little more room to move. It hurt me, however, as my own seatbelt dug into my abdomen and shoulder, which was burning.

The door flung open and I saw Yukio reach in, helping me with getting Izumo out. Finally, she was free and he helped her out. "Are you alright?" He asked, but I didn't see or hear her answer. My brother's brunette hair reappeared, his hands moving the seat forward, ushering Bon and Shima to move out. Bon hefted the pink haired boy's arms around his shoulders and he dragged the two of them toward the exit.

I focused my attention on my own predicament. There was no way the buckle was letting me go, and unlike Izumo, I wasn't small enough to slide underneath. Huffing, I pulled at the seams of the buckle, my nails cracking and a couple even tearing, causing my fingers to bleed. Grunting in pain, I tried harder, the seam popping open just as Yukio entered the van. He ripped the seatbelt off of me and grabbed my collar, yanking me out of the vehicle.