Chapter 1

"Are your legs mean't to feel like jelly after a workout? Because Jesus! I can't even walk down the stairs properly" Andy whined while gripping onto the railings going down the stairs before leaving out the doors of the college gym. She was never into the whole gym and exercise thing despite living in LA where there is nothing but that everywhere you look.

"Are you the same girl who can have sex for hours on end? Yet you're struggling to do basic squats, sit ups and the tiniest amount of running!" I said back while raising an eyebrow teasingly. Andy is one of my best friends in college, although she is older than me by two years I get along just peachy with her. She's like a sister to me now! She's studying to be a nurse while I'm in mechanical engineering. I know, I know, engineering is an usual course for a girl, but it was something I was born to do. I grew up with three older brothers, Kyle, Cole and Max, I was always playing with them instead of playing with my older sister Sam. I was a tom-boy growing up and still am to this day. They put me through hell growing up but I became a feisty girl and nobody has messed with me twice, so I kind of owe it to them, but they will never know that.

Andy is my roommate in college, we don't live on campus like we did the first year when we first met! I'm in UCLA a long way from where I grew up. I grew up in Brooklyn, New York City then moved because my parents divorced. My mom remarried to a guy called Eric Reed who is successful in his own right. I consider him more of a father than my own. When my mom remarried, we all moved in with Eric into his house on the Upper West Side in Manhattan. Thats when we moved schools and began making new friends. I only trusted one girl in that school! My best friend Hannah Williams, only because she wasn't after my brother or any of his friends. Oh I'm Alex by the way. Alex Thompson, I'm the youngest of my brothers and sister, but also the smartest! See, I have this thing a photographic memory which means I remember basically everything I read. It comes in handy but has also landed me in trouble... especially in school, and thats why I skipped two years, well, I should've skipped more but my mom wanted me to have a "normal enough childhood".

"Hello? Woman you need to stop zoning out! Did you hear anything I said?" Andy asked impatiently. I've been up late most nights completing my assignments and reports, so the lack of sleep was staring to show. My skin was rough, the black bags under my eyes, my left eye would start to twitch and my hair had been a mess before I showered today to tame it.

"Sorry! What did you say? I'm just so tired this week, been up all night trying to get my assignments in on time because you know how I love to leave everything until the last minute..." yawning at the end. Andy and I like to communicate through sarcasm, it's one of my favourite things about her. She's quick and will put you right back inside your little box if you challenge her.

"Geez Al maybe you should just go home to bed and see Andrew in the morning? It's not like he's going anywhere..." she was clearly teasing me. Andrew is my boyfriend, he's studying medicine here at the same college but lives with his two best friends, we've been going out for about two years now, and I absolutely adore him. He's my dream guy! Tall, dark and handsome! Not to mention ripped!! He's from San Francisco and I honestly don't know why he asked me out in the first place, I mean, he literally had all the girls falling at his feet, even when I'm out with him they still do it. You know the type, the ones who were non existent dresses with the boobs jumping out asking the guys to "come have a squeeze". Their makeup over done, batting their eyelashes and grinding on anything with a dick... you get the picture!

"Nah! I'll be fine, I want to surprise him because I haven't seen him at all this week thanks to my workload... sometimes I question why I'm studying engineering?" I laugh at myself. I'll just stay a while and cook him some food and eat with him then head home to bed. My bed has been calling out for me since the middle of the week when I was up early mornings doing my work and hadn't been to bed.