prelude

...

Our story is about a town, a small town, and the people who live in the town.

From a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world...

Safe.

Decent.

Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale. And our story begins, I guess, with what the Blossom twins did this summer. On the Fourth of July, just after dawn, Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River for an early morning boat ride.

The next thing we know happened for sure is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's Boy Scout Troop on a bird watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge.

Riverdale Police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body, but never found it.

So a week later, the Blossom family buried an empty casket and Jason's death was ruled an accident, as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it, and accidentally tipped the boat, and panicked, and drowned.

As for us, we were still talking about the "July Fourth tragedy" on the last day of summer vacation, when a new mystery rolled into town.

Veronica Lodge walked into Pop's diner that evening and set her eyes on a certain ginger haired boy, driving a knife between two best friends. While on the other side of town, Reggie Mantle was sneaking out of Gracelynn Campbell's house, creating a whole other mystery, that had to be solved.

...

A/N: hey hey and welcome to "something like love"!! i am so happy you decided to read this story and uncover the mysteries of Grace and Reggie. i decided to write a Reggie book because i felt the show didn't explore his chraracter to the full extent. i know they probably will in season 2 but this is my interpretation of Reggie Mantles story. now, this story features a plus size girl as the main character who is portrayed by Bree Kish, a real life plus size model. although this will by no means define the character or her storyline, it is an important part of it. that being said this book deals with the struggles big girls face in day to day life especially in high school. which means there will be mean comments made towards Graces character throughout the first few chapters of the book. i am mentioning this because i would like you all to know this is by no means how i view plus size people or think this is how they should be treated. it is merely supposed to represent the injustice they still face in our day and age. another thing i would like to add is that yes Reggie is an asshole in the first few chapters. that is because he must experience character developement, only through his experiences throughout the book will he learn to be less of a douchebag and ultimately change for the better, so please be patient with him. that is all for now, but be sure to look out for A/N's after each chapter for extra info and maybe some previews for the following chapter. i hope you enjoy this book and if you do, be sure to comment and tell me what you think! happy reading!!