Chapter 31: Only got stronger

Chapter 31: Only stronger.

^^Wild is goals tbh

if you could ask any character in this book something, what would it be?

"She's gone, I'm terribly sorry for your loss." The doctor says with a sympathetic smile.

My heart suddenly became heavy as tears brimmed my eyes, I guess there's a difference between her actually dying and knowing she will. I knew this was coming, so why am I in such shock?

My body was frozen, the only thing I could feel was Evan's soothing touch on my hand.  I squeeze my eyes shut and try to clear my mind. I don't want this to sink in, it'll just hurt even more once I actually realize she's gone.

Evan tugs on my hand slightly, signalling that we need to leave. I give a little nod in response before he leads me back to the waiting room.

I saw Kasey's parents and her little brother sitting in the chairs around a coffee table, her father trying to soothe the mother as the glassy tears fell from her hazel green eyes, the little boy stuck his thumb in his mouth, oblivious to the situation at hand.

I didn't know how to comfort them, I didn't know what to do. It's like my feet were cemented to the floor. I could try to move but no matter what, I was stuck.

"I-I'm so sorry." I whisper trying to shake off the horrid feeling lying in my gut. My sight soon became dizzy, I felt light-headed from all the guilt and regret tattooed in my mind.

Maybe if I handled things differently, then Kasey would still be sitting next to me, telling me that Elena belongs with Damon from The Vampire Diaries.

Elena does belong with Damon.

I smile slightly and the stupid memory of us screaming at each other in my room, throwing food at each other as we debated on who belonged with who.

I miss the warmth she gave me that made me feel wanted, she was my very first friend as cheesy as that sounds.

Suddenly the hospital doors slide open, revealing a panicked Erick and Ryan. My heart instantly dropped to my toes.

Erick.

I totally forgot, he had a crush on her and vice versa. How would we tell him? Just seeing his panicked state causing me to freeze with horror.

"How is she?!" Erick yells at us, Ryan's eyes were wide with worry and concern as he stood behind Erick.

"U-Uh." I start off, I could feel the tears start to pour, I bit my trembling lip.

Don't act like a baby.

"I'm sorry man." Evan says from beside me, his voice was trembling as if he were about to break out into tears any second now.

"NO!" Erick cries, falling to floor on his knees. The sight broke my heart even more; if that's even possible. I shake my head with tears brimming my eyes, instantly I turn around and plant my head in Evan's chest, I couldn't bear to see the sight of him break. 

Erick was always hard, it was impossible to see his real emotions or to find what his story was. I don't know what he did to deserve this. I just hope and pray he finds love again, why do the bad boys always have it harder than other people?

Okay maybe I'm being crazy, but I sure as hell know that Erick doesn't deserve this.

Erick cusses loudly causing the lady at the desk to give him a disapproving look, people around us looked at him with sympathy or judgmental eyes. 

"Why me?" Erick whimpers behind his tears, his voice was barley audible I swear anyone near us couldn't even hear it. 

"I'm so sorry." I blubber out, I probably looked horrifying with my tangled hair, red damp cheeks and snot covering my nose. Yeah I looked bad, but honestly I couldn't care less.

"Hun it's not your fault." Kasey's mom smiles weakly at me through her tears.

"Y-Yeah it is-"

"No it's not." Evan says sternly.

"No, maybe if I would have forgiven her, maybe if I didn't leave her alone then she wouldn't have been hit by that car." A breathless sob releases from my mouth.

"Honey, it is not your fault. It's the damn drivers, don't think any differently." She says, using the same tone as Evan's.

Her words set me at ease even though  it barely effected the weight of guilt lying on my heart

"C'mon, let's go home." Evan says, grabbing my lonely hand. I nod and follow him out the door with a sobbing Erick and a silent Ryan on our heels. I think we all needed the fresh air and the rest. Sitting in that hospital isn't going to help us.

"Where do I stay now?" I ask the question that suddenly dawned on me.

"My place." Evan says with a smirk, I roll my eyes and say "My foster worker has to work that out." 

A sad smile grazes my face as I remember moving into Kasey's house. It was fun to live with my best friend.

Once we reach home, I decided to rest at Evan's place. I made him sleep on the couch as I slept in his bed. 

And that night I dreamt of my blonde best friend.

-

The next morning I awoke with an arm trapped around my waist.

"Evan." I  groan knowing he went against my rules and slept on the bed. I was smiling at his sleepy state until my memory flooded back.

Kasey is gone.

It's so crazy how someone can just leave your life, just like that.

"She's really gone eh?" Evan says with a frown as if he were reading my mind. I nod sadly, I could feel my lip tremble and my eyes water but I held it in.

You need to be strong.

I know that with all this shit happening.

I only got stronger.

-

im sorry not updating and all the short chapters, writers block :(

and yes guys, it's nearing the end of the book.

if you like this book and you wanna be apart of the fam, then just hit the follow button and check out my other stories!!!! thanks guys ily

and if you're from my school, get out now :)