8

The next two weeks go by in a blur. There's so much work to be done, and so little time.

I hurry about the offices, handing my finished work to the people who need them.

Once I'm back at my place, I take deep breaths.

"Ms. Stephens?"

I look up and see a lady smiling at me. She honestly looks like a super model.

"Yes? What can I do for you?" I ask.

Her smile brightens. "I'm Macy. May I interview you?"

I look at her, confused.

She giggles. "Oops. How sudden of me. Ms. Stephens, are you aware that your work has caught the eye of many highly regarded people?"

I shake my head.

She giggles again.

"Well, your work has, and I've been assigned to ask how such a new designer and blogger could get this much recognition two weeks!" She says with such a bubbly attitude.

I don't know why but her "bubbly-ness" is both energizing and disturbing.

She taps on the ipad she's holding in one arm, and shows me what she's talking about.

My blogs have been posted about throughout social media and magazines. My designs have big critic's positive comments and celebrities' approvals.

I agree to the interview and follow her down to the cafeteria.

She looks around, although there's not much to look at. There's no one here but us.

She flicks her hand and two burly men walk towards us.

They look like bodyguards...

Macy turns to look at me. The bright smile and bubbly-ness is gone.

She flicks her hand again and I'm on the ground suddenly.

A sharp pain courses through my body.
I blink and try to focus on the once happy lady who's now menacing.

"Get her out of here." Is the last thing I hear before slipping into darkness.

***
I open my eyes and see- nothing. It's pitch black here.

I hear footsteps and close my eyes again.

The door creaks open and I feel a bit of light spill in the room.

"She's still asleep." A voice whispers.

I roll my eyes. Asleep? Is this seriously what they call sleeping?

"Doesn't matter. Asleep or not, she stays here till the boss is chosen." Another voice replies.

Boss? Chosen?

I wait till the door closes then I open my eyes again.

It doesn't help. I wait a few minutes to let my eyes adjust to- nothing. Even with my eyes adjusted to the darkness, there's nothing I see that can help me.

I try to stand up, to no avail. I move my arms and feel that they're tied. I sit still against the wall and try to think.

Okay. So this supermodel looking lady comes to my workplace to kidnap me because she or her boss want to get chosen.

Chosen for what? Chosen to replace me at work?