1- 10.The Epic Prank War With Cabin Three, Pt. 2

Finn was the only one of them that was still angry.

A few days later, all the hype about Peter's ingenious prank on them had all but disappeared, and everything was slowly settling back into regularity. Even Dan himself was moving on. But there was barely a moment where Finn wasn't griping about the indecency of it all, or cursing Peter and his friends straight to hell. It was a mood killer.

And Dan understood it; there was something ridiculously irritating about having someone like that get one over on you. But there was nothing they could actively do about it, at least nothing that was entirely logical.

"All I'm saying is, how are we ever gonna stop the reign of terror if we let them get away with it?" Finn dropped his fork onto his plate and stared at the three of them as he lectured them furiously. "We just need a, a revenge plan or something. It doesn't have to be elaborate or anything, just something to show them they went too far."

"You're completely mental," Phil laughed at him. Peter was sitting halfway across the room, and Phil pointed to him vaguely. "Kids like that don't learn anything by us retaliating. It just makes them do worse things. Do you want them to torture us all summer?"

"He's right," Dan said, and Phil smiled gratefully at him. He cleared his throat. "And it was a one-time thing anyways. If we leave him alone, he'll do the same."

Finn sighed heavily, as if their reasonable ideas were frustrating him.

After everything that had gone down, Dan was more than ready to just drop it and forget it had ever happened. His mind was a little trippy with the details, and he was still trying to successfully wrap his brain around it all, but the sooner it was in the past, the sooner he could start to breathe a little easier.

Phil kept giving him these looks, and Dan had no fucking clue if he had always done that and he was just now noticing, or if it was because of the almost-kiss.

The idea of kissing Phil, if they had been alone together or if Emery hadn't interrupted them, was....confusing. He would like it, he already knew that much, but he didn't know if it would be worth it. He was always second-guessing himself around the guy, it was exhausting keeping track of everything he did or said to make sure he didn't end up doing something dumb to make Phil angry with him again. And for what? For a friendship that would last a few weeks before they never saw each other again? Or casual hooking-up that would lead nowhere when they had to leave? None of it sounded appealing or worth the effort he was putting in, but Dan was so past even the idea of cutting things off by now and it was upsetting.

He didn't know what the fuck he wanted with Phil, he just didn't want it to end.

"I don't want to be That Kid this summer," Finn continued, and Dan dragged his mind away from his stupid hormone-driven angst ridden thoughts. "The one who stood by and let that embarrassing shit happen to him and did nothing about it. Do you?"

"Its not that deep, Finn," Emery said, more focused on putting jam on his toast than the conversation topic. "Call them an asshole and move on, for your own health."

"There's just no point," Phil explained patiently, making Finn scoff. "They're dumb teenagers, and if you react to them, then they'll keep trying to make you react."

"Wow, thanks," Finn said sarcastically. "They aren't fucking primary school bullies, you sound like my mum."

"He's not gonna let it go," Dan said.

Phil shrugged. "Fine, but you're on your own."

"Come on, guys, you can't be serious." Finn gave them all pleading looks. "We were all humiliated, and you can't tell me that you'll let something like that slide and not do anything about it."