Imagine #13 (Surprise)

You'd been stationed in Misato, Japan for the air force. It had only been a year but it felt like it had been 20. It was your first time being out of the country while in a relationship with someone. Every other time you were stationed, you were single so you didn't really miss anyone that much except for your family. This time was different though. It was a different type of miss. I guess it was harder this time because you saw him everyday, unlike your family or other things. You began to miss Sonny way more than you've missed any other thing in life.

Your sector was luckily being sent home during the week of Sonny's birthday. You weren't sure for how long but you knew you were definitely going to surprise him. 

You managed to get in touch with the squad so they could help you plan it. The plan was to not tell Sonny that you were coming home and surprise him at his birthday party. You hoped no one from the squad would spoil it and tell Sonny the plan. They weren't that great with keeping secrets. 

----------------------------------Time skip to 2 days before you were coming home--------------------------

You were getting ready to skype Sonny. You guys skyped at least once a week if you both had time for it and even though you guys were miles apart, it still felt like he was there in front of you.

"Hey (Y/N)!" You heard Sonny say.

"Hi baby, I miss you so much. I wish I could be there for your birthday." You said back while hoping no one told him about the surprise.

"I know, me too."

'So far so good.' You thought to yourself.

"Have anything planned for it?" You asked.

"I guess. I mean the squad said they have a surprise for me so I'm assuming it's going to be a party of some sort."

"Aw, that's a really sweet thing of them to do." You said back while smiling.

You guys continued to talk a little bit more just about life and how everything was going.

"I have to go now. Liv needs me. Anyways, I love you (Y/N). Stay safe."

"You too."

You logged off the computer and couldn't stop smiling. Everything was going according to plan.

------------------------------------Time skip to the day of Sonny's party---------------------------

There was only 2 hours left till it was time to arrive at Sonny's party. Liv was letting you stay with her till then.

"You're sure he doesn't know I'm coming right?"  You asked Liv.

"I'm sure. He still thinks you're all the way in Japan. Don't worry (Y/N)."

The last thing you could do was not worry. There were so many possibilities going through your head of what could happen.

The current plan was to show up at the squad room during the middle of the party and surprise Sonny after everyone finished singing happy birthday to him.

Time ended up going by super quick and before you knew it, it was time to go.

When you arrived at the precinct, Liv went in and you decided to stay in the car. Liv said she would text you when it was time for you to come in.

At this point, it felt like an eternity to get Liv's text. You started to worry even more now. It had been 30 minutes and still no message.

"I really hope she didn't forget.." You said to yourself.

Right after that, your phone lit up.

You immediately grabbed it but to your disappointment, it was only a notification from one of the games you had installed earlier.

You put your phone down and sighed. You decided to wait 15 more minutes and if you didn't receive a text by then, then you were just going to say screw it and go inside.

Luckily 5 minutes later, you finally got the text from Liv.

"It's time! Come in now!!"

You quickly got out of of the car and ran inside. You could barely contain your excitement.

"Happy birthday dear, Carisi! Happy birthday to you!" You heard everyone sing as you quietly walked into the room.

"So, what did you wish for?" Amanda asked Sonny.

"You know I can't tell you that Amanda! It's a secret! If I tell you then it won't come true."

After he said that, you hugged him from behind and kissed his cheek. Sonny quickly turned around and was shocked to see that it was you.

"Surprise!!" Everyone in the room yelled.

Sonny smiled and gave you another kiss.

"So this is the surprise you guys planned for me?" He asked the squad.

They all smiled and answered yes.

"Well, we'll leave you guys alone for a minute so you can catch up." Liv said while gesturing everyone to follow her.

"I missed you so much" You said as you started to cry a little bit.

"I know, I did too." He said while pulling you into a long hug.

After he let go, he looked at you and wiped away your tears.

"Oh man, I'm so glad I didn't tell anyone my wish."

"Why?" You asked while laughing a little bit.

"Cause if I did, you wouldn't be here right now."