Story time

"So let me get this straight, you and you," I said, pointing to Peter and Charlotte, "both fought in some funky vampire war with Jasper like two-hundred years ago or something?" I asked, leaning further back in the chair I was sat in.

"That's right hun' " Charlotte said, exhaling deeply and flashing her sharp teeth in a small smile.

"Jasper joined the Confederate Army before he turned 17, he was very persuasive, even as a human. In 2 years, he was promoted to major in the army and became the youngest major in Texas. One night, after evacuating women and children, he was on his way back to Galveston where he met three vampires. Maria knew from his suit that he was in the military and changed him, hoping his skills and training would come in useful. He and other newborns helped Maria reclaim her territory and later claim others. Nettie and Lucy gained territories of their own, but when they tried to kill Maria, Jasper sensed their emotions and helped Maria kill them. Since Maria wouldn't keep vampires after the first year of their transformations, Jasper was responsible for disposing of them, something he hated because he could feel their pain when he killed them just as much as he could feel the pain of his human victims. Over time, the pain and cruelty depressed him to no end. When I met him I managed to get him to open up to me a bit and he convinced Maria to let me live, as his captain." Peter clarified, summing up the last hours' conversation in a two-minute explanation.

"When Peter ran off with me, on the night I was supposed to be killed, it was only because Jasper allowed us to escape. After this, Maria's feelings for him changed: he could sense how fearful - and somewhat mistrustful - she was toward him, and knew that she would plot a way to destroy him. He began planning how to destroy her first, despite his reluctance to the idea of destroying the one person who mattered to him, but his years in the coven had affected him so deeply that he almost became a savage." Charlotte continued, moving slightly in Peters lap.

"In 1938, I came back and told Jasper about the way vampires lived up North. He immediately left Maria and her coven to join us. However, he wasn't happy, since he could still feel the emotions of his human victims, which depressed him. Eventually, he left. He tried to kill less often, but the thirst always grew overwhelming." Peter finished.

I was shocked, I had never expected to hear anything like this about Jasper, I couldn't imagine him being how Peter and Charlotte describe him as being. "What, and then you heard from him however much later when he found Alice?" I asked, still shocked.

"Pretty much, sweet pea." Peter chuckled, wrapping his arm around Charlotte to keep her still.

"Well that was a nice story and all but why did you tell me? I mean, I'm not exactly best buddies with him" I said, perplexed as to why they had just explained Jaspers whole life story to me, a total stranger.

"We can't tell you why we told you and we probably shouldn't have told you but if Jasper asks who told you it was not us okay?" Peter rushed out, flapping his arms around like a deranged bird trying to fly.

"Okay, whatever you say..." I trailed off, deciding not to question it further as I knew it would ultimately only end up confusing me. "Do the Cullens even know you're here?" I suddenly asked, my eyes widening slightly.

"Nope." Peter replied, leaning back in the chair while putting his feet up on the small coffee table, somehow balancing Charlotte on his lap the whole time, don't ask me how, I don't know.

"Well, shouldn't you let the Cullens know you're here at least? I mean, there is a pack of shifters about fifteen minutes away who would kill you without a second thought if they wanted to." I continued, not wanting to have to piece back together two friends of Jaspers.

At that moment, Peters' eyes seemed to glaze over, he looked eerily still and life like, almost identical to how Alice was during one of her visions. I sent a worried glance to Charlotte who looked at her mate before she began studying the sofas material. Was she not at all worried by this?

She seemed to feel my eyes on her as her head snapped up, her ruby red eyes meeting my less interesting brown ones. The question must have been clear in my eyes as she gave Peter a quick look before speaking, "He's just consulting with his gift suga' don't worry about it."

I nodded in understanding, Peter had briefly explained his gift earlier, even though he hated to call it a gift, saying he just 'knew shit'. The idiot had a gift whether he wanted to accept the fact or not, it was true. Stupid vampire.

A moment later, Peter shook his head slightly before tightening his grip on Charlotte's' waist. "Looks like we won't have to go and visit the Cullens actually," he voiced, puzzling me. Of course we did, did he want to get killed by a pack of wolves? I mean I could probably stop the pack if I really wanted but Peter was just being stupid.

Furiously, I began to voice my thoughts, "you definitely do have to go and see the Cullens! Are you crazy? Do you want to d-" I was suddenly cut off my Peters' voice.

"3, 2, 1"

The front door was thrown off its hinges, causing it to smash into the utility table, sending the papers on it to fall to the ground messily. An ungodly screech burst from my lips as I fell off the sofa, landing heavily on the floor, among the papers. 

Some one is going to be killed I swear to god...

"Bella? Where are you? Are you okay?" a frantic blond vampire called from the doorway.

"Jasper?"