Chapter Five

Chapter Five

-------------------------

Still Present Day

-------------------------

I stepped outside and was greeted by the surprise of a lifetime.

"Hey Charlie..." What the fuck was she doing here? "Can we talk?"

"There's nothing to talk about." I couldn't believe she had the audacity to come here and talk to me after the way she's treated me. She was like everyone else, judging gender not love.

"Please Charlie." She pleaded.

"What could possibly be left to say? Oh wait, I forgot, you probably do have a few words to say. Hmm. Let me see... Could they possibly be dyke, faggot, carpet muncher, abomination, walking sin? Or do you have new ones? Because honestly, I think Christine and my mother beat you to it already. Thanks, but no thanks. I've had enough words thrown at me this evening, Hope."

I walked right past her and into my car. I was seething and could almost see spots of red in my vision. She had no right to talk to me in school, much less outside of school.

My little "speech" apparently didn't get through to her because I heard the door to the passenger side open and close.

"Get out."

"No. Since you won't talk to me, then I'm going wherever you're going until you talk to me."

"I don't have time for your petty games, Hope. Get the fuck out."

"I need to talk to you."

"I don't give a fuck what you want. Now get out before I shove you out the car."

"No."

"You don't want to be fucking around with me right now, Hope."

"I just want to be your friend?"

"Friend? You. Want. To. Be. My. Friend? You've got to be joking me." God, you have the most wicked sense of humor. No joke. "Friends? Are you fucking kidding me? Get the fuck out! I don't want your friendship. You've turned out to be exactly the person I thought you to be. You're just like everyone else. Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. My. Fucking. Car." Friends! Ha! Why would I be friends with someone who treated me like shit because I loved the same gender? No. Hope was never a friend of mine and would never ever be a friend.

"Little bit of bad news, Charlie. It seems you'll need 6 stitches for the cut on your forehead, 3 for the one on your cheek and 4 for the one on your lip." I was at the clinic now, gettimg my cuts looked after. Hope got out of my car and I drove off madder than I had ever been.

"That's the best thing to happen to me all day, Sarah. So it's good news." Sarah was the night shift doctor at the town clinic. She also was a member of the church. No surprise there. 99.5% of the population attended church.

"Bad day? This will hurt a bit." She said starting on the stitches.

"Every day is a bad day now."

"Want to talk about it?" She was done stitching my cheek. She tugged once to make sure it it was properly stitched.

"Ouch." That hurt. She was lying when she said it would hurt a bit. It hurt more than a bit. But I wouldn't be a baby about it. I mean I hadn't complained when i got the cuts.