Chapter Forty-Eight

Hi everyone! Here's a fresh new chapter that I hope you enjoy. Thank you for your patience and please be aware that Unnatural will be ending soon! You all mean so much to me and I never would've imagined that my story would be liked by so many of you (: COMMENT and I will update soon!

xoxo
_____________

Delia
.
.
.
"We'll be leaving soon. The potion is ready." Hermione said from the doorway, her head peeking in as I was knelt next to the toilet. I wiped my mouth and nodded, sitting down. My head hurt from throwing up and I groaned as I flushed the toilet.
"Good luck I guess. I'll miss you guys even though Harry can't even look at me as of late." I frowned, looking down at my hands. It was hard not to have his support especially now. He was family and I loved him but I knew I disappointed him. We had spent the last week without speaking. I'd tried the first few days but he would just stare at me and leave the room, not even caring to be discreet about it. Hermione gave me a sympathetic look and reached her hand out to me so I could get up. As I stood up, I felt dizzy and steadied myself on her arm.
"You know, he'll come around eventually. We can't help who we fall in love with and besides, I expect Harry will see that he'll want to be in your child's life in whatever way he can. Maybe even... as a father figure." She said the last part softly as if she was unsure of my reaction. My eyes watered slightly and I nodded, acknowledging her point.
"I hope so. I mean, we're all he or she's got." I pressed my lips together, turning towards the sink to rinse my mouth.
"Help me pick the outfit, will you?" I spit out the water and watched as it went down the drain. I turned towards Hermione and nodded, following her out of the dreaded bathroom. The floorboards creaked slightly as we made our way to the bedroom where most of us slept. As I entered the room, a full head of black hair came into view and my stomach churned.
"Hermione are you-" His eyes moved to me and he instantly shut his mouth, turning away.
"Delia is helping me." She said, striding over to her side of the room where she kept her things. As Hermione threw some black clothing on her bed to look like Bellatrix, I peeked at Harry who was surprisingly still in the room. Maybe he was getting over it.
"What do you think? Too fancy? It has to be believable." Hermione held up a dress with silver buttons on the front, complete with what looked like leather sleeves. It was black of course and looked like something she would wear. I noticed a black shawl-like wrap on the floor and went to pick it up. It buttoned at the base of the throat and I handed it to Hermione.
"That'll do."
"Thank you, Delia. We'll all miss you." She said, emphasizing the word "all" in an attempt to get something out of Harry.
"Sure."
"We will. Right, Harry?" Hermione smiled and looked him straight in the eye, making my fidget nervously. Harry got up to leave but Hermione bolted for the door, slamming it behind her and locking it.
"Very funny, Hermione. Open the door." Harry said clearly annoyed.
"This is ridiculous and frankly we're all tired of you ignoring her. Don't be a child."
"Says the one who locked us in here."
"You can come out when you've talked."

I sat down on the bed that creaked under me and crossed my legs, chin in my hand. I didn't know what to say. I'd tried talking but he was more than reluctant to engage in any kind of conversation. Harry leaned against the door with his arms crossed and eyes fixed on the ceiling. The tension was thick in the air, making me very anxious. He wouldn't even look at me. Had I really hurt him that much? I mean I was the one who was pregnant. I was the one who was going to do this alone.
"Harry-"
"Don't." He walked around with his hands in his pockets, still not meeting my eyes. Tears pricked at my eyes and I put my hand on my stomach. It was still small enough to hide but if I wore a tight shirt it was quite questionable.
"Harry, I know I disappointed you but it happened. Nothing you do can undo what's been done. I love him even though it sounds completely mental. And I need you. You're my brother, Harry. I need you now more than ever." He remained silent and at this point I was getting angry. How could he not say anything?
"This is ridiculous. I can't turn my feelings off like a switch, Harry. Believe me, I wish I could but I can't. I love him as much as I wished I didn't sometimes. Really, you're not the pregnant one. You're not the one who has to be a single parent. You're not the one who loves someone they can't have because of blood status which is out of my control. You're not the one-" Harry interrupted me by embracing me, making fresh hot tears spring from my eyes. I hugged him tightly and let go, looking him in the eyes. His misty blue eyes shone with sympathy and I wiped my eyes.
"You really love that foul git?" He asked and I nodded, to which he sighed.
"Well, you're right. It's completely mental."
"Not that it matters. We both know him and I just can't be together." He shrugged his shoulders and pursed his lips in thought.
"I don't know if that's true." I scoffed, sitting down on the bed with my arms crossed. I couldn't make him choose. I was just some girl he happened to knock up that he might not even be with for the rest of his life. His parents would always be his parents. But his child will always be his child. I groaned internally at the conflict within myself and sighed.
"I can't ask him to choose. His parents are permanent and I'm not. Say we break up, who will he go to? His father would practically disown him. You know how his father is."
"First of all, your child is permanent. You can't return them to the store with a bloody receipt." He was right but that didn't mean I would admit it out loud.
"Second, you bloody well can ask him to choose. He took part in...the creation of your baby. You and I both know how hard it can be without your parents around." He shuddered at acknowledging "the creation" of my baby which made me smile to myself. Harry was hilariously awkward talking about it.
"With everything going on, I just-"
"No. He needs to do the right thing and stand by you whatever comes your way. He's a parent now. You both are."

I stayed quiet for a while and became consumed by my thoughts. I knew I'd have support from my friends but they'd likely go back to school and we were all only 18. How could I expect them to grow up and stop their lives for me? My son or daughter would grow up happy surrounded by everyone but he or she would be even happier with their father around. I just wasn't sure he wanted to be.

Draco
.
.
.

My father had been keeping a close eye on me after our discussion. I could practically feel him breathing down my neck. I was dying to communicate with Delia someway somehow but with all the Death Eaters around and my father's annoyingly close watch on me, I wasn't alone very often. My mother could tell something wasn't right. I mean, the tension was thicker than the damn forbidden forest. She wouldn't say anything though. I sat in my room, fiddling with a pencil at my desk when a knock came from my door. My father pushed the door open with his walking stick and closed it as if trying not to dirty himself. He smoothed his hair and cleared his throat.
"Well Draco, are you planning on telling the truth now?"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Don't lie, son." He scoffed, shifting his stance. I mean, how many times was he going to fucking ask?
"I've already told you-"
"And you lied. Don't make the mistake of thinking I don't know my own son. Don't make me ask again, Draco." I remained quiet, not willing to utter another word on the subject. Delia and I would be penniless and I wasn't going to live off Potter and his friends. I clearly had an obligation to them both but I would never see my family again , including my mother if I publicly chose them.
"Do you know who's downstairs?" My eyes shot up to meet his and I sat back in my chair. He wasn't serious.
"You can't be serious."
"I am." My heart pounded in my chest and my stomach churned at the thought of the Dark Lord extracting the truth from me. My father was willing to hand over his own son to someone who killed children like it was as easy as breathing. I clenched my jaw and he cleared his throat again.
"Well?" He asked with a raised brow. I nodded and looked him straight in the eye as I confirmed his suspicions. His jaw was visibly clenched and he took his walking stick briskly in his hand.
"I assume you know what this means." I looked away as the bitter cold words left his mouth. This wasn't what I wanted. I wish there was a way to not live in a society that still believes in blood status like my family did. I loved her without a doubt but I wasn't sure it was best to not be able to provide for them both. We were so young and without my family's money it would be difficult especially since other wizards wanted nothing to do with us. No one wanted to hire a Death Eater even though I could very well force them to. But that wasn't the kind of life I would want for my child. Walking to the door and opening it, he turned to look at me one last time to deliver a final reality before leaving my room.
"That child will never carry our name."