Chapter 32: Love Wins

Song: Boys In The Street, Seeb Greg Holden

Please, please, please listen to the song. It has such a powerful message and definitely goes with the chapter. 

I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to comment and vote.

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

The air outside was warm and crisp, matching the steaming mug that Danny had placed in my hands moments before I ventured outside. According to Atticus, Finn had gone for a run before I woke up. It bothered me that he didn't invite me to go with him, but I merely brushed it off and focused on the blooming plants surrounding me.

Though I had been gone for a few weeks, like most of the pack, my quaint little garden was doing very well on its own. I was inspecting a few of the more dry plants when I noticed the fluffy face peaking at me from the bushes.

What a goof.

I ignored the spy and continued to meander, sipping the bitter coffee with a disgusted expression.

Needs more creamer.

Little red buds were beginning to form at the base of one of the more green plants. I assumed it was some kind of flower, but if I was really lucky it would turn out to be strawberries, or maybe even tomatoes. It made me happy imagining what Danny would say if he realized he could plant some of his own food and skip the trip to the supermarket.

"You really need to work on your stealth. I think you've gotten a little sloppy since last time." I said, grinning at the noisy rustling I heard behind me.

Finn came up behind me, tugging on a pair of sweats and ruffling his messy hair.

"I'm just making sure you're paying attention to your surroundings." he said, stealing a sip of my coffee. "Ick, bitter."

I giggled and nodded, turning around to finally face him. The wounds on his back and chest were healing quite nicely, though that was one of the werewolf perks he told me about. He still had trouble doing strenuous tasks, but I made sure he took it easy. No way in hell would I let him overwork himself just to prove a dumb point.

Stupid Alpha males.

"The garden looks nice." he commented, sliding his hand into mine. "It could use more water, but we should be expecting a rain shower or two in the next week."

It made me happy to see him relaxed. Saying that the past few days were rough would be an understatement. Finn was constantly having night terrors and waking up a mess, not to mention his constant state of panic that forced me to stay close to him. It felt as though our roles were switched. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"Hey, what're we doing today?" I asked, pouring the acrid coffee into one of the nearby weeds. "I was thinking maybe we could go into the city and have lunch. You know, a proper date."