Chapter 34: A Pup

Just a happy chapter introducing some more characters.

Don't forget to comment. I love hearing what you crazy people have to say. 💙

~HarleyVB

Adrian's POV

Adrian's POV

The pack house was no longer devoid of life. New scents and sights were taking place before my eyes, due to the new guests we had staying with us. I was delighted to have them and it seemed sort of my role in the house to treat them kindly and almost in a motherly manner.

Clause and his men had managed to find many of the hunter's warehouses, they made this discovery soon after I had been found as well. So many innocent werewolves were being treated as experiments, it made my heart ache at the thought of their mistreatment. Most of the abused wolves went to Clause's pack house, but he was beginning to run out of room for them all.

I watched as two familiar males cuddled on the couch, both cooing softly to each other. The two were almost never apart, and the more dominant of the pair growled fiercely at anyone who got close when they first came here. They were traumatized, but being so close to one another seemed to help calm them down. I wondered if they were mates, or maybe just close companions, but by how their arms were wrapped so firmly around each other, I assumed that their relationship was more intimate.

"Max," I said softly to one of the males, noticing that the other boy was soundly asleep. "Would you two prefer sleeping in the guest room?"

I was overly worried about their comfort, as well as most of the pack, and I couldn't help but be concerned.

"I don't want to wake Marshal, he doesn't fall asleep very easily." he sighed, brushing the males cheek and holding him tighter. "The memories keep him awake."

They were both breeding experiments. Max was forced to provide sperm samples against his will, but Marshal had a more scarring experience. The boy wouldn't talk about what happened, but Max recounted it to me in private. They would let all the men have their way with Marshal, even other werewolves, testing to see if he was capable of impregnation. He and Max were placed in the same cell, but they had to chain Max up whenever they began experimenting on Marshal. Max was forced to watch as they repeatedly raped the boy he loved, unable to fight back in such a weak state.

"I understand." I whispered, finding peace in remembering that they were safe from that pain. "Please help yourself to any food you can find. Danny won't mind you ravaging the kitchen for snacks."

Max nodded, turning his head back into the crook of the sleeping boy's shoulder.

"They knew he couldn't get pregnant." Max whispered, hate covering his expression. "They didn't care. They still raped him. Over and over again."

"You're safe now." I said, helping him to ease back into a comfortable position. "Rest."

There were soft purrs coming from both wolves, Marshal shuffling closer to his protector.