C H A P T E R T H R E E

-

-

"If she doesn't? What then?"

"Oh she will, don't you worry."

"How come you're so sure?"

"Because I'm never wrong."

-

                    One wrong move and she would be dead, that, she knew very clearly

                    One wrong move and she would be dead, that, she knew very clearly. She's seen lycans fight. Always perched on top of her master's lap, he'd make her watch, with clear amusement in his eyes whenever she flinched in fright, as lycans fought to their deaths; because a weakling was not acceptable in Abaddon's ranks.

And it simply entertained him.

To see blood and gore, it was exhilarating for the lone fallen, and that was one of the many things she'll never come to understand. So, with bated breath, she intelligibly did what she's seen, and frequently do when faced with a dominating figure.

She submitted.

She let out a small gasp of relief when the lycan released her, but she didn't dare move from her spot, and watched as the lycan before her slowly morphed into a man.

With one final click of a bone, the man snarled at her. "Where did you think you were going, prisoner?"

Confused, she gulped and stuttered out. "I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know that I-I was your p-prisoner, b-but I-I have to go b-back to my m-master, p-please."

He scoffed. "You're going to have a new master now, and besides, if you are who I think you are, then that new master will offer me a fortune just for you."

"I-I don't understand."

"Who says you have to?" The lycan smirked, leaning in close to whisper in her ear. "You just have to trust me."

She said nothing more and remained silent as the lycan stood up and proceeded to drag her back to where she first woken up from, stumbling to the ground once in awhile when her capturer would unexpectedly speed up his pace; and because of her looking back to the direction where she just knew her master was.

"You should be thanking me." He grumbled to her, pulling on a pair of britches that he got from his discarded sack when he returned awhile ago, only to find his captive missing from where he left her to cover their tracks from any supernatural that would interfere with him.

"Thank you." She mumbled quietly from her place.

"You don't even know what you're thanking me for, do you?" The lycan asked as he turned to gaze at the small shivering brunette; his eyes gradually softening the longer he looked.

He knew what she is, her specie has that distinctive smell of the moon, almost impossible to miss. Her kind was hard to come by these days. The last one that's been recorded of being delivered to its soulbound was twenty or so years ago, but everyone knew how that turned out.

Complete and utter chaos; and he would rather not remember the first handful of years of that time.

Licking her chapped lips, she shook her head in answer to his question, making him sigh and drop down in front of her, but not before draping a long thick cloak around her cold frame.

"What's your name, little miss?"

My name? She thought, what is my name? She started to think of all those times someone would talk to her, what they would call her or even stated to get her attention. She tried, but nothing of importance came up to her except for one.

"Pet." She uttered with hesitancy. "My name is Pet."

This got the lycan to raise a brow at her, contemplating on whether or not to believe the tiny creature in his presence before concluding to just go with it.

Letting out a breath, he finally responded to her. "Okay then, little miss Pet, do you know where I'm taking you?" It was a pointless question really, seeing quite obviously that she definitely did not know, as of this moment, of anything.

"No." She answered with a shake of her head, burrowing her face against the pelt of the cover that masked her from the cold air.

"I'm taking you home." He said. "To your real home."

Puzzled as ever, she replied. " To master Abaddon?"

"No." He quickly denied. "To the king. I'm returning you to the beast king."

A snake hissed from up above a tree just a little ways away from the two. Its forked tongue sliding in and out of its mouth as it slithered down and away from the forest, heading towards the village of Galyra before phasing into a light haired man. Changing into a set of clothes, the shifter was quick to march through the settlement and into the dark hulking castle. He hastily nodded towards the gates guards and once inside, he headed away to the west wing of the castle.

Faced with the enormously large wooden doors that led to his king's bed chamber, he knocked against it and pushed it open when he heard the telltale sign of the king allowing entrance.

"Coatl." The king acknowledged from his perch just beside his bed.

"My king," Coatl responded, finally noticing the naked nymph maid underneath the covers. "I bring urgent news."

His king gave a curt nod and dismissed the woman.

"A lycan approaches us," His squire spoke, hands behind his back.

"Different species come and go, Coatl. What's so special about this particular wolf that you find the need to inform me at this ungodly hour?" The king questioned.

"He brings the lost queen with him, my king."

Not soon after saying those words, he found himself pushed up against the wall, feet dangling from the ground and hands trying to pry the grip of the king's fingers from around his neck.

"You lie." The king seethed, eyes burning black from anger.

Coatl wheezed before finding the strength to reply.

"I would never lie to you, Xerxes."

-