Chapter 68

I want to say hello to my new readers + followers. Thank you for rocking with me on my third book journey. To my beautiful oldies, thank you for being patient these past couple of days! 

You know I agreed to update on Thursdays 🤓😜

So to the lovely lady that said "Thirsty Dave Thursday" that's exactly what it will be called 😜😜.

Your comments have kept my spirits up these past couple days. 😌👏🏽

Dave

It's not like I never sat around a bunch of Dominican men before. I do this twice a year with my connect. He's a funny cat, cool and shit. Wife cooks bomb food and we tote a few.

But these men aren't my connect and minus Miguel bozo ass, these nigga were real deal.

"I'm Jay's favorite uncle and God father, Antonio, but the family calls me Tony"

Her uncle that invited me to play dominoes introduced himself properly.

"I'm the baby of the group" he smirked.

"You know Jaime already, grumpy old man, second oldest" Tony joked, the room laughed except me and Jaime.

"Juan Carlo, the oldest of the bunch" he pointed to another dude.

He sat to the left of Jaime and he looked just as unamused. I stuck my hand out and he reluctantly shook it.

"Then there's, Ricardo, right before me"

"What's going on?" He shook my hand with a smile.

"And you know the only nephew in the family, Miguel?"

"Yeah we're acquainted" I spoke up.

"Good, good" Tony patted my back.

"Do you know how to play dominoes?"

"Nah, not really"

"I'll show you"

He grabbed a seat and pulled it next to him.

"Gotta promise to keep all my moves a secret" he laughed.

"Gotchu"

"Pretty much dominoes have to connect by the same number, blanks are your winners and a two starts off the game" he explained.

(AN: Don't really remember the rules nor am I gonna bother to research tonight lmao but correct me if I'm wrong)

I heard him but I wasn't really paying attention, the tension on the room was sort of thick but not as strong.

"So how come I never heard of you until today" Juan Carlo asked me.

"I don't know sir, wasn't too aware of how big the is family on her father's side" I shrugged.

"Hmm... yeah we're plenty"

"I see that"

"Did she tell you her father's a cop? So even if you thought you'd get away with doing any slick shit to Jay you wouldn't be" he drew out cigar smoke while making the others laugh.

"Yeah she told me, and with all due respect, I care about Jay, like I care for my daughter. So why would I do some slick shit?"

"It's a warning" he eyed me.

"You have a daughter?!" Ricardo ask me looking surprised.

"Yessir, she's about 9 months old"

"Oh she's still a baby" Tony exclaimed.