157

Nandini

Now he is going to get up holding his head, and start crying nandu beya kuch karo my head is breaking.

Kis ne bola tha itna peene ko? I didn't even have an idea he would drink, when he actually told me that there's work at school aur dhekha toh usne yeh mahaan kaam kiya.

That punk. Uthne dho batati hoon nandu kya cheez hain.

One of the best hangover cures my friends use is raw egg with some olive oil salt pepper and tomato sauce and now I'm going to give that to him. I used an egg and prepared the drink and went to the room. There he was, laying on the bed hands and legs spread wide occupying the entire bed.

"Manik utho" i said and no movement.

"Manik utho naa it's noon already. Have you forgotten, we are flying tomorrow. Jaldhi utho" i said and again no movement.

So now last resort, water splash.

"mummaaa" he got up with a jerk jumping on the bed.

"Manik it's me tum uth nai re the isliye this" i said showing him the glass.

"Ouchhhh" he said holding his head and fell off.

"Kya hua sir" i asked.

"My head, it hurts like hell" he said.

"That's called hangover in English" i said.

"it's not funny, bohot dard ho raha hain" he said and now i was a little worried if it's something more than hangover.

"Manik, wait let me get you some water" i said and got him a glass of warm water.

"Feeling better?" i asked.

"I will go freshen up" he said and went to the restroom.

Okay, i give up on the egg drink. I don't want to trouble him more.

"Manik are you alright?" i asked from outside.

"Kind of" he said.

"Oye, kya hua? Are you fine? Kisne bola tha itna peene ko kya bol kar gaye the aur kya kar ke aaye ho? Baahar aao tum bataati hoon" i was flustered.

---------

Manik

Oh man! Mein toh gaya kaam se. Sab kuch kameene Matt ki wajah se hua. School gaya tha aur wohh raaste mein mil gaya. He was there to collect some documents aur usne bol diya chalo let's go play a game and have a drink. I didn't even notice when one drink became a pitcher and when I was down. I'm going to know #aboutlastnight only after talking to Nandini about it. And i really hope she's not too angry with me.

God save me!

------------------

He went back to the room after freshening up and started squatting.

"ek... Dho... Theen" and counting.

"You really think this is going to make it up for what you have done?" she asked standing in front of him.

"I can try right" he said and continued.

"Then keep doing until tonight" she said and went into the kitchen.

"Yaar that's not fair. Did i ever get high? You remember Deepu's girls night out. I got you back safe and then that holi night, i had everything set up for you by the time you open your eyes the next morning. Now it's your turn to do them all for me" he said in one go.

"Acha ji. So now you even have a justification for this act huh? You know how scared i was when you didn't pick my call up? Like repeatedly! MANIK MALHOTRA atleast be sorry for this" she said.