chapter 6

Katherine walked into work with a smile on her face tonight was the big gala and her date with dylan. She was excited when she thought about being at Dylan's arm. Happy she was moving on in her life.

The office was crowded people gathering around a small cubical near the right hand corner. Near her cubical. They where whispering things too eachother. Katherine caught the tail end of a conversation

"That girl is so lucky, she's pretty and gets all the men" she shook her head a little wondering what on earth was so interesting. As she drew closer to her cubical the smell of flowers, roses hit her. Lucky girl. She smiles a little to herself remembering the night's james used to come home with a bouquet of white roses.

When she reaches her cubical it takes her two seconds to realise everyone is standing around her cubical and the flowers are in her cubical.

Her eyebrows furrow in confusion as people start to part making room for her to get a full view of her desk.

Her cubical is full of roses. Litterally they where on the chair, the desk and lined the floor. She smiled as she read the card attached.

Lots of love...you know who

But katherine had no idea who would buy her so many roses. Dylan she smiled. It must be him.

He was lifting her tonight. And her best friend Lilly was comming over to do her hair and makeup.

Katherine looked up from her desk and smiled as she saw dylan walking over to her.

"Hey who bought all the flowers?" He asks. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion

"I thought...um i don't know" her smile which was previously bright dulls a little as she realises dylan didn't buy her those beautiful flowers.

"Anyway just checking your still ok for our date tonight" he practically shouts the word date.

Katherine knew she felt nothing towards dylan but she couldn't say no he was a perfect man and she would be a fool to turn him down

"Yes, yes deffinitley still on" she plasters on a fake smile.

Dylan leans in and gives her forehead a kiss. Making her blush as she feels eyes of office staff on her, as he walks away.

The office was slow today and by 5 o' clock katherine signs out and heads home to get ready for the gala.

She unlocks her front door and heads up to her bathroom to get ready. Knowing she hasn't much time until Lilly gets here.

She turns the water on in the shower and steps in letting the water run down through her hair and drench her body.

After a good lather up, she gets out and shivers a little as the icy cold air hits her burning skin. So she grabs her fluffy pink bath towel and wraps herself up inside it.

The doorbell rings and she looks out her bedroom window. Lilly is standing holding a tonn of boxes and case's god she really is prepared. Rollong her eyes Katherine shrugs on a dressing gown and goes to open the door to let Lilly in.

As soon as ths front door opens she's attacked with hugs causing her to loose balance making both her and Lilly end up on the floor.

"Bitch let's get a move on" lilly screams and pulls katherine still laughing up of the floor.

Katherine sits in a chair for what feels like forever whilst Lilly primps and preems her to perfection.

When lilly lets her look in the mirror katherine can't help but squeel excitedly.